NEET UG 2024: Two more candidates move Supreme Court against re-exam
Alivia Mukherjee | June 26, 2024 | 10:01 PM IST | 1 min read
No Re-NEET: According to live law, the applicants have stated that canceling the entire exam taken by lakhs of students for the mischief of a few is unfair.
Practice with the NEET 2026 Free Mock Test PDF featuring full-length ReNEET exam simulation, detailed solutions, and real exam pattern.
Try NowNEW DELHI : In the latest update concerning the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Undergraduate (NEET-UG) 2024, two candidates have approached the Supreme Court opposing re-examination, citing fairness and the impact on numerous students. According to live law, the applicants have stated that canceling the entire NEET exam taken by lakhs of students for the mischief of a few is unfair.
NEET 2026: 30-Day Study Plan PDF | Last 5 Year's PYQ's with Solutions
NEET 2026: NEET Previous 17 Years QP (2009–2025) | Most Scoring Concepts
NEET 2026: Crash Course for Re-NEET 2026 | 100% FREE | Mock Test
As per Live Law report , applicants Kritika Garg and Priyanjali Garg made the argument that students who have studied for years should not be subjected to the hardship of retaking the NEET test. They said that such a move would not only be "unfair" to the majority of students, but also cause hardship for their families.
According to Live Law , the application stated that the NEET UG test is one of the most difficult and should not be re-conducted just because certain claims have been made. The applicants, Meerut residents, asserted that they obtained 705 and 690 marks, respectively, exclusively on their own efforts and merits.
NEET Re-Exam: Profit for coaching centres
The applicants said that allegations of malpractice should not overshadow the legitimate efforts of the majority of students. They expressed apprehension that certain entities, particularly coaching centers, might benefit financially from the re-examination by offering additional crash courses or test series.
As per Live Law report , the application read, “That it is nobody's allegations that all the students who have secured good marks have obtained them by unscrupulous and unfair means, penalising the students with good marks obtained through sheer hard work and merit will cause a great deal of trauma and stress and the re-exercise ought not to have been allowed.”
Dismissing higher cut-off as justification
“That merely because the Cut Off has gone higher in the NEET UG examination, the same cannot be ground to challenge the entire examination.,” the application added.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- St. Stephen’s College former principal back as English prof; against rules, say teachers, DU officials
- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director
- ‘Part of culture’? IIT Ropar PhD scholars say fear keeps harassment cases buried, rarely reach ICC
- Number of student suicides rises 80% in 10 years, 8.5% of total: NCRB report