NMC directs govt medical colleges to mandatorily keep 50% PG, 15% MBBS seats in AIQ

The Supreme Court hearing on the reservation policy in NEET PG counselling 2021 has been deferred multiple times and is expected to be heard today.

NMC directs govt medical colleges to mandatorily keep 50% PG, 15% MBBS seats in AIQ Representative image
Anu Parthiban | Nov 24, 2021 - 1:10 p.m. IST
Share Via

NEW DELHI: The National Medical Commission (NMC) has directed the government medical colleges to compulsorily keep 15% MBBS seats and 50% postgraduate MD/ MS seats in the All India Quota. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will organise two rounds of NEET PG counselling 2021 for 50% AIQ seats and 100% deemed/central universities, ESIC, and AFMS seats.

The NMC in an official notice said, “It is mandatory for the government medical colleges to contribute 15% of MBBS seats and 50% of Postgraduate Broad Specialties (MD/ MS) for All India Quota respectively, to MCC of DGHS for conducting of counselling as per the directions of the Supreme Court.”

Also read | NMC notifies regulations for medical internship; one week of AYUSH training included

The MCC had postponed the NEET PG 2021 counselling registration, which was scheduled to begin on October 25 at mcc.nic.in due to a pending court case on EWS, OBC reservation. The Supreme Court hearing on the reservation policy in medical seats has been deferred multiple times and is expected to be heard today.

Meanwhile, the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Assam has released the state merit list of Assam medical and dental admission. Through the counselling session, a total of 900 MBBS and 40 BDS will be granted under 85% states quota. While the counselling for the rest 15% of All India Quota seats will be conducted by the MCC.

The NMC also issued the compulsory rotating medical internship and anti-ragging rules on November 23.


Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, schools, research, NEP and education policies and more..

To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.

Back to top