Abhiraj P|May 16, 2022
- 30 central universities to have Centre of Excellence to coach SC students for competitive exams
30 central universities to have Centre of Excellence to coach SC students for competitive exams
Government approved setting up of Dr Ambedkar Centre of Excellence worth Rs 75,000 in 30 central universities to coach SC students for UPSC CSE.
NEW DELHI: The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment through the Dr Ambedkar Foundation approved establishment of ‘Dr Ambedkar Centre of Excellence’ in 30 central universities to provide coaching to Scheduled Caste (SC) students for civil services examination conducted by the Union Public Services Commission (UPSC).
How Much Should You Budget To Attend NEET Coaching In Kota For One Or Two Years? Read Here Read More
“Each DACE would be eligible for an annual grant of Rs 75 lakh,” said an official statement from the ministry. The duration of the coaching is one year.
“EduMinOfIndia, MSJEGOI has approved the setting up of Dr Ambedkar Center of Excellence in 30 Central Universities for providing coaching facilities for exams to SC students. All CUs should send proposals by 31st January 2022 for availing the funds,” APPSC IIT Bombay tweeted.
@EduMinOfIndia @MSJEGOI has approved setting up of Dr Ambedkar Center of Excellence in 30 Central Universities for providing coaching facilities for exams to SC students. All CUs should send proposals by 31st January 2022 for availing the funds. @iamsunnytawar @Profdilipmandal pic.twitter.com/4Fi7BSCswN— APPSC IIT Bombay (@AppscIITb) January 24, 2022
For this, the Ministry of Education has asked the vice-chancellor of all central universities to send proposals by January 25.
“In order to conduct coaching classes for the courses applied for, the universities must possess necessary infrastructure such as separate classrooms, library, high-speed wifi connectivity, and other requisite equipment, etc.,” the MSJE said.
Eligibility criteria and selection procedure for availing the scheme
- The scheme is only open to the SC students.
- In order to receive coaching, students should have achieved minimum percentage of marks in qualifying exam.
- A student can use the coaching service only once.
- All students will have to attend all classes of the course.
- 100 seats have been sanctioned for coaching per center. 33% of seats have been reserved for female SC students.
- The university will have to inform DAF about commencement of coaching programmes.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.