Himachal Pradesh: CBI to probe paper leak for constable recruitment test
Team Careers360 | May 17, 2022 | 06:35 PM IST | 2 mins read
Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said in a press conference that the state government has decided to hand over the probe into the case to the CBI.
SHIMLA: The Himachal Pradesh government on Tuesday decided to hand over to the CBI a case of the leakage of question papers for the recruitment test of constables in the state police force. Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur, in a hurriedly called press conference at his official residence Oakover here, said the state government has decided to hand over the probe into the case to the CBI.
The first reason for entrusting the task to the central investigative agency is to ensure a fair and impartial probe into the case, he said. The case was currently being investigated by a special investigating team of the state police which itself was conducting the written test for the recruitment of constables, he added.
Also Read | Rajasthan Police constable exam cancelled after paper leak
The second reason, the chief minister said, is the inter-state aspect of the crime as the SIT which had been probing the case till now has found criminals living in ten different states of the country involved in the paper leakage. The opposition Congress had also demanded the probe into the case by the CBI for a fair and impartial investigation.
While entrusting the task to the CBI, Thakur also appreciated the probe done till now by the state police’s SIT. He said the SIT has arrested as many as 73 accused in this case till now. They have also seized a sum of Rs 8.49 lakh cash, besides 15 mobile phones and a laptop, he added.
Also Read | “Years of hard work ruined”: BPSC candidates campaign on Twitter after paper leak, cancellation
A written test for recruiting 1,334 constables in the state police force was conducted on March 27 this year in which 75,000 candidates had appeared after clearing physical tests.
Earlier in May, amid reports of a question paper leak, Thakur had said the written test conducted to recruit police constables in March has been countermanded. This is for the second time within three years that the state government has nullified the examination to select constables. A fresh written examination will be held later this month, he added.
(with inputs from PTI)
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- Galgotias University: 2,297 patents filed, just 1% granted; with 63%, IITs far ahead of private institutes
- Samajwadi Party calls Galgotias University’s robot dog display ‘mockery of UP’, says ‘cancel recognition’
- CBSE: APAAR ID must for LOC registration from 2026-27 session; two-level Class 10 exams from 2028
- Less bias, more risk? CBSE on-screen marking system leaves Class 12 students, teachers cautious but optimistic
- CBSE Plans: Compulsory computing, AI in Classes 9, 10 syllabus; more skill subjects; 25% EWS quota review
- CBSE 2026: Board tightens rules on cheating, makes it harder to pass; Class 10 gets new marksheets
- NEET PG Counselling: Maharashtra body orders medical college to admit student it refused over fees
- Anna University engineering colleges sack over 300 temp teachers; defiance of court orders, says association
- ChatGPT for education? IIT Madras director on how Bodhan AI will work and what it can do
- CBSE Board Exams 2026: NHRC says withholding admit cards over fee dispute ‘illegal’, violates RTE Act