NEET 2021: Check NEET cut-off for admission to top medical colleges

NTA will conduct NEET 2021 on August 1. Check last year’s NEET AIQ cut-off and know the rank required in NEET for MBBS in government colleges.

NEET 2021: Check NEET cut-off for admission to top medical colleges
Pallavi Goel | May 12, 2021 - 11:02 a.m. IST
Share Via

NEW DELHI: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) - country’s single largest medical entrance exam - is just three months away. The NEET 2021 exam is scheduled to be conducted on August 1. At this crucial time, last year's NEET cut-off will give students an idea of marks to be scored for admission to top medical colleges in India. It will also help aspirants to strategise their NEET 2021 preparation strategy accordingly. The NEET-UG cut-off includes the last rank at which admission to a particular college and category is granted.

RecommendedClick Here to Join NEET Crash Course to Revise Your NEET Syllabus || Click Here to Join NEET Online Test Series

NEET conducting body, the National Testing Agency (NTA), is expected to release the NEET application 2021 form soon at ntaneet.nic.in. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, speculations on NEET 2021 postponement are doing rounds on social media. However, no official notice by NTA on NEET 2021 postponement has been released yet.

NEET cut-off for All India Quota (AIQ)

15% seats in all government medical and dental colleges are reserved for All India Quota (AIQ) and the remaining 85% seats are reserved under state quota. The Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) conducts the counselling and releases NEET cut-off for 15% AIQ, deemed and central universities, ESIC, AIIMS, and JIPMER institutes. While for 85% state quota seats, the respective state authorities conduct the counselling and release NEET cut-off.

NEET AIQ cut-off for MBBS

With the help of NEET AIQ cut-off, students can get an idea of the rank and the minimum marks required in NEET for admission to government colleges. On the basis of NEET AIQ cut-off, students can take their NEET preparation ahead and increase their score for admission to top medical colleges. For reference, NEET aspirants can check last year’s NEET AIQ cut-off for 15% MBBS seats in top 10 government medical colleges below.

NEET AIQ cut-off for top 10 medical colleges

Name of medical colleges

NEET 2020 cut-off last rank General

NEET 2020 cut-off rank for SC

NEET UG cut-off for ST

Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi

90

1475

--

VMMC & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi

163

2050

--

University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi

324

3,207

--

Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi

571

13,646

19,752

Government Medical College, Chandigarh

776

16,444

--

Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai

457

2,065

26,559

King George's Medical University, Lucknow

1,800

7,765

38,458

Stanley Medical College, Chennai

5,253

42,321

57,079

Pt. Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak

6,573

52,059

68,549

Grant Medical College and Sir JJ Group of Hospitals, Mumbai

2,828

23,997

48,835

NEET preparation in 3 months

With three months left for the NEET 2021, here some tips for preparation.

  • Students should try to dedicate equal time to all subjects in the NEET syllabus 2021 which include physics, chemistry and biology.

  • Revise all NEET chapters at least twice before the exam.

  • Candidates can use short notes, flash cards, video, and questions to revise the NEET chapters.

  • For NEET physics preparation, write all the formulas in one notes and revise them on a regular basis.

  • For NEET biology, learn and practice all diagrams and flowcharts.

  • Solve at least the last 5 to 6 year’s NEET question papers.

  • Attempt one full-length NEET 2021 mock test and three sectional mock tests every week.

Write to us at news@careers360.com

Know More About
Download Exam Brochure
Back to top