shubham.bhakuni|Jun 24, 2021
NIRF Ranking 2021: NLSIU Bengaluru remains top law school for fourth year
NIRF 2021 : The National Law School of India University Bengaluru continues to be the number one law school, followed by NLU Delhi and NALSAR Hyderabad.
New Delhi: National Law School of India University (NLSIU) Bengaluru has once again been declared the top law school in the country according to the education ministry's National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF). The education minister Dharmendra Pradhan announced the NIRF ranking 2021 today and in it, National Law University (NLU) Delhi and National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR) Hyderabad are the second and third best institutions for legal education in the country.
Also Read | NIRF Ranking 2021 Live Updates
The NIRF ranking was announced at a virtual event where separate ranking lists were released for universities, engineering, medicine and law.
The colleges and universities are ranked as per predefined parameters that include teaching and learning resources; research and professional practice; graduation outcomes; outreach and inclusivity; and perception.
In last year's NIRF ranking too, National Law School of India University (NLSIU) Bengaluru, National Law University (NLU) Delhi, and NALSAR University of Law Hyderabad, occupied the first three positions.
NIRF Ranking was launched in 2015, the rankings are usually declared in June every year, this year it has been delayed due to the pandemic.
In 2016 and 2017, ranking for the law was not done due to non-participation by the law colleges. It started in 2018 and NLSIU Bengaluru was ranked number one. The university continues to occupy the topmost position.
The ranking exercise covers 10 categories which include overall, universities, engineering colleges, medical colleges, pharmacy, management, architecture, law colleges and dental. Dental colleges were introduced for the first time in 2020.
In NIRF ranking 2021 engineering IIT Madras holds the top position and among universities, it is the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru, in medicine the number one position is All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS Delhi) overall, the top institution is IIT Madras.
NIRF ranking 2021 for law
Here is the list of top 15 NIRF ranking in law
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU Bengaluru)
- National Law University (NLU Delhi)
- NALSAR University of Law (NALSAR Hyderabad)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS Kolkata)
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU)
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- National Law University, Jodhpur
- Symbiosis Law School
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU)
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (IP University)
- Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.