11 MBBS students of Indore medical college suspended for three months for ragging
Press Trust of India | December 8, 2022 | 10:02 PM IST | 1 min read
The senior students have been barred from staying in the Government Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College's hostel during the suspension period.
INDORE: Eleven MBBS students of the Government Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical College in Indore in Madhya Pradesh were suspended on Thursday for a period of three months for allegedly ragging their juniors, an official said.
In the wake of a police investigation into the ragging, 11 senior students were suspended forthwith, and they have been barred from staying in the college's hostel during the suspension period, Dean Sanjay Dixit told PTI.
"These 11 senior students of MBBS course were found to be involved in ragging during the police investigation. Post this, the anti-ragging committee of the college decided to take disciplinary action against them," he said.
After the incident came to light, the dean had claimed the ragging incident, in which juniors were allegedly made to perform obscene acts, did not take place in the college or hostel. Sanyogitaganj police station inspector Tahzeeb Qazi said the college management had lodged a criminal complaint with the police on July 24 after an aggrieved student petitioned the helpline of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Also read | Delhi University decides to increase batch strength in lectures amid opposition
"The police zeroed in on the 11 students after a detailed investigation and recording of statements. Nine students were let off after they were served Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) notices, which state that they must co operate with the police probe and appear in court while being charge-sheeted," Qazi explained. The police is on the look out for two students in this case, he added.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Quick Watch
]Next Story
]DU to hold PG admissions through CUET from 2023, executive council passes resolution
Separate merit lists will be prepared for those who clear CUET-PG and those belonging to other category, who previously used to appear in entrance test, the DU executive council said.
Press Trust of India | 1 min readFeatured News
]- ‘No one feels secure’: Jadavpur University ABVP ‘raid’ leaves students scarred, questioning security collapse
- Tagore in the morning, Shakespeare at noon: My Bengali-medium schooling doesn’t hamper my English-medium job
- ‘Ready for arrest’: CJP’s Ashutosh Ranka on ‘School Thik Karo’ drive, says judiciary, ECI accountability next
- Delhi Private Universities Bill: New regulator, zero standards, minister as visitor; why teachers are wary
- ‘Chowkidar-cum-Gatekeeper’: Why Visva-Bharati’s biotech head won’t enforce order for monthly workload reports
- IIT Placements 2026: Many in BTech Computer Science aim for trading firms, not Google; internships show why
- Locked Toilets to Teacher Shortage: CJP’s school audit campaign reveals chronic neglect of govt schools
- NITs to offer dual-track M.Tech programmes, industry-led PhD; aim for NBA accreditation for all courses
- Maharashtra NEET Counselling: Medical colleges try deemed, pvt university, company tags to avoid state control
- IIM Rohtak raised MBA fees without preparing budget; income grew 299%, too high for non-profit: CAG report