REET 2021: Stop gimmicks, raise REET case in Assembly: Dotasra tells BJP
Press Trust of India | February 2, 2022 | 05:01 PM IST | 2 mins read
REET Exam: BJP workers had held a demonstration at the Civil Lines crossing, demanding a CBI inquiry into the REET 2021 paper leak case
JAIPUR: Rajasthan Congress president Govind Singh Dotasra on Wednesday said the BJP should stop gimmicks and raise all its issues, including the REET paper leak case, in the Assembly session that begins on February 9. His statement came a day after BJP workers led by state unit president Satish Poonia held a demonstration at the Civil Lines crossing, demanding a CBI inquiry into the Rajasthan Eligibility Examination for Teachers-2021 (REET) paper leak case.
Latest: REET Sample Papers
Don't Miss: Month-wise Current Affairs | Upcoming Government Exams
The police had to resort to lathi-charge and use water cannons. Several workers, including Poonia, were detained on Tuesday. “Whatever the opposition BJP members have to state about the REET exam, let them do it during the Assembly. Even if they have to make personal allegations against anyone, we have no objection. They can give notice and discuss according to the rules and procedures. But the BJP leaders should stop gimmicks and not play with the future of the youth,” Dotasra told reporters.
Also read | Maharashtra TET: Marks of 7,800 candidates manipulated in exchange of money
He sought to know why BJP leader Gulab Chand Kataria, who backed the investigation of the Special Operations Group (SOG) into the paper leak case, suddenly changed his stance and began demanding a CBI probe following a “call from Delhi”. “We want to get to the bottom of this matter so that no one plays with the future of the children and the examination is conducted with transparency. This is not the thinking of the BJP, this is the thinking of our Congress government,” Dotasra said. The state Congress president said the party itself will ask the Chief Minister and the Speaker to get the REET paper leak case discussed in the Assembly.
Also read | Maha TET Case: IAS officer held in Thane; count of arrested rises to 13
DP Jaroli, chairman of the Board of Secondary Education , was sacked by the Rajasthan government last week while board secretary Arvind Kumar and two others were suspended in the case. As irregularities in the conduct of the exams had surfaced last September, the state government had suspended one RAS, two RPS officers, 13 personnel of the education department, and three policemen. The SOG of the Rajasthan Police has so far arrested at least 35 people in connection with the case. PTI AG CJ CJ
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- Galgotias University: 2,297 patents filed, just 1% granted; with 63%, IITs far ahead of private institutes
- Samajwadi Party calls Galgotias University’s robot dog display ‘mockery of UP’, says ‘cancel recognition’
- CBSE: APAAR ID must for LOC registration from 2026-27 session; two-level Class 10 exams from 2028
- Less bias, more risk? CBSE on-screen marking system leaves Class 12 students, teachers cautious but optimistic
- CBSE Plans: Compulsory computing, AI in Classes 9, 10 syllabus; more skill subjects; 25% EWS quota review
- CBSE 2026: Board tightens rules on cheating, makes it harder to pass; Class 10 gets new marksheets
- NEET PG Counselling: Maharashtra body orders medical college to admit student it refused over fees
- Anna University engineering colleges sack over 300 temp teachers; defiance of court orders, says association
- ChatGPT for education? IIT Madras director on how Bodhan AI will work and what it can do
- CBSE Board Exams 2026: NHRC says withholding admit cards over fee dispute ‘illegal’, violates RTE Act