Careers360 Connect|Dec 6, 2023
- Travel and hospitality sector sees 15% surge in fresher hiring intent: TeamLease report
Travel and hospitality sector sees 15% surge in fresher hiring intent: TeamLease report
TeamLease EdTech Career Outlook Report 2023 found out that the intent grew from 10% in 2023 first half to 15% in the second half.
NEW DELHI: The intent to hire freshers in the travel and hospitality sector has increased from 10 percent in the first half of 2023 to 15% in the second half, as per a report from TeamLease EdTech. The Career Outlook Report 2023 also suggested top five job roles in this domain including food and beverage associate, travel consultant, event coordinator, chef, and business development.
The survey was conducted on 737 small, medium, and large companies across 18 industries across India. Along with the job roles, the TeamLease report also recommended courses that students can take to upskill themselves.
The job roles along with recommended courses are as follows:
- F&B Associate: The role of Food and Beverage (F&B) Associate is taking precedence as an attractive job opportunity within the travel and hospitality sector. Freshers interested in this role can consider enrolling in a certificate course in F&B service.
- Travel Consultant: The demand for travel consultants is on the rise, reflecting the resurgence of the tourism industry. Aspiring travel consultants can enhance their prospects by pursuing a "certified travel counsellor" course.
- Event Coordinator: Freshers aspiring to excel in this role can opt for a diploma in event management to gain comprehensive training.
- Junior Chef: Freshers interested in becoming a junior chef can enroll in a diploma in culinary arts programme.
- Business Development Executive: The travel and hospitality sector offers various business development opportunities. Aspiring professionals can equip themselves with essential skills through a business strategy development course.
Shantanu Rooj, founder and CEO of TeamLease EdTech, said, "Our Career Outlook Report HY2, 2023, highlights the ever-changing landscape for freshers, with the Travel and Hospitality sector presenting bright prospects. We remain steadfast in our commitment to empowering young professionals with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in these promising roles."
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.