Live | CBSE 2023 Exam Live Updates: Class 10 Maths, 12th IT papers today; Reporting time, guidelines
Team Careers360|Mar 21, 2023
NEW DELHI: The student wing of Congress party, National Students’ Union of India (NSUI) today, on February 4, launched a “Students’ Manifesto” for the upcoming Uttarakhand assembly polls in Haldwani.
Targeting the present government over the decline in employment in the state, the national president of NSUI Neeraj Kundan talked about nine important issues faced by the students during the press conference. He said Uttarkhand is witnessing “sharpest decline of employment as compared to other states that are going for elections.”
Also read | UP Elections 2022: AAP manifesto promises to allocate 25% of budget to education; 80% govt jobs for youth
He further said that the motive behind the students’ manifesto launch was to unite the student community under the issues of unemployment and education.
4 lakh job vacancies, credit card for postgraduate students worth Rs 5 lakh, sports university, coaching centres were among the key highlights of the Uttarakhand students’ manifesto.
Following are the nine issues outlined in the students’ manifesto for the upcoming Uttarkhand assembly elections:
1. A total of 4 lakh job vacancies to be advertised across the state.
2. Postgraduate students will be eligible to avail credit card with a limit worth 5 lac.
3. Uttarakhand’s first dedicated sports university shall be established.
4. Campus interviews will be conducted at every college and university. Job fairs will also be regularly organised by the state government to provide the opportunity of employment for the graduating students.
5. A student committee will be constituted for redressal of grievances of the students and advise the government on all policy matters concerning students.
6. International exchange programs - The government will set up a platform for international exposure for the students of Uttarakhand.
7. Skill and entrepreneurship training - State will launch programs targeting skill and entrepreneurship training in colleges.
8. Ensuring affordable fee structure - Affordable fee structure will be ensured in all universities and colleges across the state.
9. State assisted coaching institutes at the block level. Also for EWS students aspiring for competitive exams in all fields.
Also read | State Elections 2022: How UP, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Manipur, Goa have fared in education
The press conference was conducted in presence of Congress party MLA candidates from Haldwani and Kaladhungi Sumit Hridesh and Mahesh Sharma and NSUI state president Mohan Bhandari. State election in-charge Akshay Lakra and secretary in-charge Satveer Chaudhari were also present.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, schools, research, NEP and education policies and more..
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id “”.
We endeavor to keep you informed and help you choose the right Career path. Sign in and access our resources on Exams, Study Material, Counseling, Colleges etc.