FIIB Delhi invites applications for PGDM programme 2023; Check details here
Ujjwal Kirti|Nov 9, 2022
NEW DELHI: Fortune Institute of International Business(FIIB) revealed responsibility report 2022-23 in its 12th responsibility summit. The theme of the summit was, "Diversity, Equality, Inclusion – Redesigning for a Resilient Planet", reinforcing commitment toward a sustainable future. The institute released a responsibility report at the summit describing the work it has done to achieve its mission and relevant strategic goals related to a positive impact on society.
Dr Kokil Jain, Professor (Marketing), FIIB delivered inaugural speech for the event highlighting three key areas of responsible work at FIIB: teaching, operating activities, and community engagement. "Technological advancements and globalization have created unprecedented social, economic, and environmental challenges, and integrating and coordinating global, national, regional, and local sustainability efforts are key to meeting these challenges," he said.
Some of the key sustainability initiatives carried by the FIIB to date included:
1. In collaboration with the Haub School of Business, FIIB developed a sustainability dashboard to help universities share best practices on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). With its SDG Dashboard, FIIB is the fourth Indian business school to have one.
2. As a core course of FIIB, SIP (Social Internship Program) provides students with fieldwork experience in the social sector. Collaboration with Social Sector Organizations (SSOs) aligns students' project needs with those of the organizations.
3. FIIB Jaagriti Club aims to contribute to society by teaching service orientation to students. Jaagriti Club held Nukkad Natak, Skill Development for Primary School Children, Education Awareness Activities, and Clothes Donation Drives this year.
4. FIIB has also partnered with Betterlyf to foster a sense of well-being and mental health among students, faculty, and staff.
5. FIIB has adopted a cluster of five villages under the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan of the GOI. The bank will work with residents in this cluster to pinpoint challenges and design solutions to accelerate sustainable growth.
6. “Digital Economy: A leveller or a source of economic inequality?” was the theme of Manthan this year. The concept of ‘Manthan’ relates to UN SDG Goal 8, which states that “Sustained and inclusive economic growth can drive progress, create decent jobs for all and improve living standards”.
Dr Anil Sinha, Director at FIIB in his keynote address discussed novel ideas to drive global sustainability transformation. ''Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) convey a fundamental shift in the way we operate businesses and its impact on the environment and society. Today we have an obligation to think beyond our immediate requirements and consider the long-term outcomes of our actions. We have a distinctive opportunity to utilize our resources, expertise, and influence to make a positive change in the world,'' he said.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, schools, research, NEP and education policies and more..
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.
Your FIIB Delhi brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id “”.
We endeavor to keep you informed and help you choose the right Career path. Sign in and access our resources on Exams, Study Material, Counseling, Colleges etc.