Shamshad Ali|Oct 23, 2021
Kerala to conduct SSLC, Class 12 pending exams under proper health checks
NEW DELHI: Kerala board is all set to hold SSLC and plus two exams under stringent health checks, Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan told reporters in state capital Thiruvananthapuram yesterday.
Alert: Apply to top Colleges Accepting Applications. Click Here
Recommended: Download Free E-book to Know about high paid salary courses after 12th. Click Here
After a meeting held to evaluate the COVID-19 situation in the state, the chief minister said “All the students who come for the Class 10 board exam, or SSLC, Class 12 and Vocational Higher Secondary Exam will undergo thermal scanning before sitting for the exam".
“Exam centres will arrange health check-up for those students who require it,” he added.
Pending papers of SSLC and plus two will commence from May 26. While SSLC exams will conclude on 28, Class 12 exams will end on May 30.
CM has also directed the Principals of all schools and district education officers (DEOs) to follow health norms strictly. “A war room will function in the directorate of public education and subordinate office from May 23,” he said.
Some of the guidelines given are
- It is mandatory for each invigilator to wear gloves.
- Students who have quarantined cases at home and residing in COVID-19 containment zones will be seated separately.
- The state will make some separate arrangements for students from other states. They will have to undergo 14 days’ quarantine.
- “Students who go back home after the exam will have to take a bath before interacting with those at home,” Vijayan said.
- Sanitizers, soaps and masks will be available at all exam centres. The National Students Scheme or NSS has been entrusted with mask distribution.
10,920 students have applied for the change of their exam centre. Proper arrangements have been made in the exam centres located in the Gulf and Lakshadweep Islands.
If a student is unable to attend the exam, then a separate exam will be held for that student. This separate exam will be held along with the SAY, or save a year exam.
Colleges have been instructed to take necessary steps to reopen classes from June 1. Online classes will be organized till regular classes commence, the statement added.
To get in touch, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.