COVID-19: After Bengaluru, Mysuru schools shut upto Class 10, says report
Vagisha Kaushik | January 11, 2022 | 10:32 PM IST | 2 mins read
COVID-19 cases in India: Mysuru Deputy Commissioner announced that all schools will remain closed till further orders due to rising covid cases.
NEW DELHI: As Karnataka witnesses a surge in COVID-19 cases, Mysuru Deputy Commissioner announced that schools will remain closed for Classes LKG to 10 from tomorrow till further orders, as per The Hindu report.
Anganwadi centres will also reportedly remain closed from Wednesday until further orders. The Deputy Commissioner has instructed schools to hold online classes for these students.
Also Read | Omicron, COVID-19 Cases In India Live Updates: Schools shut; board exams online?
The Karnataka government last Tuesday decided to impose weekend curfew and extend the night curfew for two weeks in Bengaluru in view of the alarming rise in number of COVID-19 cases. The government also decided to shut schools and pre-university colleges except for 10th and 12th standard students for two weeks.
"We have decided that barring 10th and 12th classes, schools will be shut for rest of the classes in Bengaluru. These COVID rules will come into effect from Wednesday night," Karnataka Revenue Minister R Ashoka told reporters. Ashoka said there will be weekend curfew for two weeks from 10 PM on Friday to 5 AM on Monday. All essential services will continue, he added.
Also Read | Rajasthan (RBSE) Class 10, 12 board exams from March 3
In a related development, the Haryana government has also decided to shut schools , colleges in the state in view of a sudden spike in Covid-19, Omicron cases in India. The Haryana education minister Kanwar Pal said that all schools are instructed to shut schools, colleges till January 26, 2022.
The Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday ordered closure of all schools till January 16 and said the night curfew will continue to be in force between 10 pm and 6 am in the state.
Also Read | CBSE Class 10, 12 Term 1 Result 2021-22: Board to review evaluation process next week
The Rajasthan government on Sunday announced the closure of schools in urban areas, Sunday curfews, time limits on markets and a cap on occupancy at restaurants and movie theatres in view of a surge in COVID-19 cases.
Union territories Jammu and Kashmir and Puducherry also decided to shut schools.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- Jamia Millia Islamia student’s project can help Delhi’s unauthorised colonies ride out a heat wave
- Jadavpur University pro-VC: Faculty, new curriculum keep its BTech ‘globally relevant’ despite fund crunch
- St. Stephen’s College former principal back as English prof; against rules, say teachers, DU officials
- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director