Document saying JEE Main in July is fake; no decision from NTA yet
Team Careers360 | April 14, 2020 | 06:44 PM IST | 2 mins read
Boost your JEE Main preparation with the Last 5 Years Analysis (2026–2022). Discover chapter-wise trends, difficulty levels & high-weightage topics.
Try NowNEW DELHI: Close on the heels of the extension of the lockdown to May 3, a fake document, supposedly a public notice from the National Testing Agency, or NTA, started doing the rounds.
JEE Main: Chapter Wise Weightage | Syllabus | Most Scoring Topics: Jan | April | Test Series
Sample Papers 2027 : Physics | Chemistry | Maths | Inorganic Chemistry | PYQ's
New: Kinematics | Vectors | Law of Motion | Session 1 & 2 Analysis (2026)
Don't Miss: Free 1:1 Counselling | Foreign Universities in India | Study Guide
It says that the JEE Main has been further postponed to the first week of July and the confirmed dates will be shared on the official website after consideration of the situation in the upcoming weeks. The notice further elaborates that admit cards will be issued after May 31. The notice is also badly formatted and missing a lot of elements that usually accompany an NTA notice. The director general of NTA, Vineet Joshi, confirmed to Careers360 that this notice, given below, is fake.
NTA has come up with a notice on its official website regarding false information and fake notices on JEE Main 2020. The agency has clearly stated that the postponement notice is a fake one and that there is no truth in it. It further advised students to not fall prey to such notices and endorsed checking the official website for authentic information. The notice also mentions that strict action would be taken under the prevalent provisions of the IT act and IPC against scrupulous people spreading these rumours. Check the NTA rejoinder here .
Become a norm
In a departure from what has become the norm on the past few occasions, the MHRD minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has also not posted about this ‘decision’ on social media Nor has the NTA issued any such public notice.
Such notices simply exploit the anxiety of students over delayed exams and admissions. Similar documents were circulated also about several state board and university examinations.
Students are advised to wait for the official confirmation. Considering that April 15 is the date when NTA is expected to announce further details on JEE Main and NEET admit cards, it would do well to wait these few hours to know more.
The other reasoning is that the lockdown has been extended till May 3 which leaves NTA with enough time to issue the admit cards and hold the exam in the last week if the situation improves.
A copy of the same is given below.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Quick Watch
]Featured News
]- ‘No one feels secure’: Jadavpur University ABVP ‘raid’ leaves students scarred, questioning security collapse
- ‘Ready for arrest’: CJP’s Ashutosh Ranka on ‘School Thik Karo’ drive, says judiciary, ECI accountability next
- Delhi Private Universities Bill: New regulator, zero standards, minister as visitor; why teachers are wary
- ‘Chowkidar-cum-Gatekeeper’: Why Visva-Bharati’s biotech head won’t enforce order for monthly workload reports
- IIT Placements 2026: Many in BTech Computer Science aim for trading firms, not Google; internships show why
- Locked Toilets to Teacher Shortage: CJP’s school audit campaign reveals chronic neglect of govt schools
- NITs to offer dual-track M.Tech programmes, industry-led PhD; aim for NBA accreditation for all courses
- Maharashtra NEET Counselling: Medical colleges try deemed, pvt university, company tags to avoid state control
- IIM Rohtak raised MBA fees without preparing budget; income grew 299%, too high for non-profit: CAG report
- MUHS plans virtual classrooms, remote lectures to tackle faculty crunch at new Maharashtra medical colleges