Gujarat: Parents blame residential school cooks of recording objectionable videos of their daughters; probe on
Press Trust of India | September 22, 2022 | 10:16 PM IST | 1 min read
Parents of girls studying in a government residential school for tribals also raised the issue of the quality of food being served to students, other facilities.
VALSAD : The parents of girls studying in a government residential school for tribals in Gujarat's Valsad district have accused the male cooks at the facility of recording objectionable videos of their daughters, following which the police have launched a probe, officials said. The parents of these girls gathered at the school on Wednesday and demanded police action against the cooks and other staff members of the residential secondary school at Karchond village in Dharampur taluka of the district, where 600 girls study.
"Parents alleged that the cooks recorded objectionable videos of the girls. They also raised the issue of the quality of food being served to the students and other facilities. The matter is being investigated," inspector N C Sagar of Dharampur police station said. Superintendent of Police Rajdeepsinh Zala said no objectionable video clip was found in the mobile phones of the cooks, and a team of police, including the DySP and the local crime branch (LCB), is carrying out an investigation into the matter.
Also Read | IIT Bombay female students demand cyber investigation, to address loopholes in women’s safety
"The phones of the cooking staff were checked and no objectionable clip was found," the police officer said. The girl students and their parents also raised questions regarding the quality of food and other facilities. In an application submitted by the parents to the principal two days back, raising issues regarding food and other facilities, there was no mention of video-recording by the staff, Zala said. Each student of the residential school is being questioned individually by some women representatives to find out if they faced any kind of mistreatment by the school authorities and staff, he said.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- St. Stephen’s College former principal back as English prof; against rules, say teachers, DU officials
- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director
- ‘Part of culture’? IIT Ropar PhD scholars say fear keeps harassment cases buried, rarely reach ICC
- Number of student suicides rises 80% in 10 years, 8.5% of total: NCRB report