NEET UG 2024 Retest: Two students from Chandigarh centre skip exam
Press Trust of India | June 23, 2024 | 05:33 PM IST | 2 mins read
NEET Retest 2024: An official from St Joseph’s Senior Secondary School in Chandigarh’s Sector-44 mentioned that the gates were scheduled to close at 1:30 pm. However, as neither of the students arrived for the retest, the authorities proceeded to close the gates.
Download the NEET 2026 Free Mock Test PDF with detailed solutions. Practice real exam-style questions, analyze your performance, and enhance your preparation.
Download EBookCHANDIGARH : An exam centre in Chandigarh where all arrangements had been made, including the deployment of police and invigilators, for two students to take their NEET-UG retest on Sunday shut the gates after neither turned up. An official at St Joseph's Senior Secondary School in Chandigarh's Sector-44 said the gates were to be closed at 1:30 pm. After neither student turned up for the retest, the authorities shut the gates.
The re-exam was held from 2 pm to 5:20 pm. The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducted a retest for 1,563 students awarded grace marks in the Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test Undergraduate ( NEET-UG ) to make up for time loss at six centres. As many as 67 students scored a perfect 720, unprecedented in the NTA's history, with six from a centre in Haryana's Faridabad figuring in the list, raising suspicions about irregularities. The official said necessary arrangements were put in place for the re-exam. Chandigarh Police personnel were also deployed.
NEET exam controversies spark nationwide protests
NEET-UG is conducted for admissions to MBBS, BDS, AYUSH and other related courses in government and private institutions. This year, the exam was held on May 5, with around 24 lakh candidates appearing for it. The results were announced on June 4. Since then, there have been allegations of question paper leaks in states such as Bihar and other irregularities. The allegations have led to protests in several cities and filing of petitions in various high courts as well as the Supreme Court.
NEET ROW: Leadership change at NTA
Facing flak over the alleged discrepancies in the exam, the Centre on Saturday shunted out NTA director general Subodh Singh and handed over the probe into the irregularities to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). The Union education ministry also set up a seven-member panel to review the agency's functioning and recommend exam reforms. The CBI has filed an FIR in connection with the alleged irregularities, officials said on Sunday.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- Galgotias University: 2,297 patents filed, just 1% granted; with 63%, IITs far ahead of private institutes
- Samajwadi Party calls Galgotias University’s robot dog display ‘mockery of UP’, says ‘cancel recognition’
- CBSE: APAAR ID must for LOC registration from 2026-27 session; two-level Class 10 exams from 2028
- Less bias, more risk? CBSE on-screen marking system leaves Class 12 students, teachers cautious but optimistic
- CBSE Plans: Compulsory computing, AI in Classes 9, 10 syllabus; more skill subjects; 25% EWS quota review
- CBSE 2026: Board tightens rules on cheating, makes it harder to pass; Class 10 gets new marksheets
- NEET PG Counselling: Maharashtra body orders medical college to admit student it refused over fees
- Anna University engineering colleges sack over 300 temp teachers; defiance of court orders, says association
- ChatGPT for education? IIT Madras director on how Bodhan AI will work and what it can do
- CBSE Board Exams 2026: NHRC says withholding admit cards over fee dispute ‘illegal’, violates RTE Act