Mahima Bahl|Oct 27, 2021
CLAT 2020 postponed again due to West Bengal and Bihar lockdown
New Delhi: With the postponement of CLAT 2020, the CLAT 2020 admit card release has also been delayed. It is now expected to be released two weeks before the examination at consortiumofnlus.ac.in. The decision to postpone CLAT 2020 was taken after the Executive Committee of Consortium of National Law Universities reviewed COVID-19 situation and subsequent lockdown announced in Bihar and West Bengal.
LATEST - CLAT admit card released, Download at consortiumofnlus.ac.in
CLAT 2020 was earlier scheduled to be held on September 7 and the CLAT admit card was expected in the last week of August. The exam duration is 2 hours where candidates have to answer 150 questions asked. CLAT 2020 is for admissions to the UG and PG law programmes at the 22 participating institutes including the National Law Universities as well as 59 affiliated universities and institutes. around 68,000 candidates are expected to appear for CLAT 2020.
Write to us at email@example.com
Consortium of NLUs has postponed CLAT 2020. The CLAT exam will now be conducted on September 28. The CLAT admit card will now be released at least two weeks before the exam.
New CLAT exam date announced, admit card expected to be released around September 14
The Consortium of National Law Universities has postponed CLAT exam. CLAT 2020 will now be conducted on September 28 (2 pm - 4 pm) instead of September 7. There is no change in other test modalities. The admit card of CLAT is generally released two weeks before the exam date. Considering this, the CLAT admit card 2020 may be released around September 14-15.
Read more details at CLAT 2020 exam postponed again: this time to September 28, but is it the last?
Around 2538 seats in CLAT UG and 742 seats in CLAT PG to be offered this year
There are around 2538 seats will be offered in CLAT UG this year. The programmes include BA LLB, BBA LLB, BCom LLB, BSc LLB and BSW LLB. Top NIRF ranked law schools, NLSIU Banglore and NALSAR Hyderabad offer only BA LLB programme at the undergraduate level. This year, NLSIU Bangalore has increased the seat intake from 80 to 120. NALSAR Hyderabad is also offering 120 seats under BA LLB programme. In CLAT LLM, around 9000 candidates will compete for approximately 742 seats.
How to access CLAT admit card when you have lost the password
The CLAT 2020 admit card cannot be downloaded without using the registered mobile number and password. In case, the candidate has lost the password of CLAT registration portal, then he/she must recover the password. The Consortium provides the option through which the candidates can recover their CLAT account and create a new password. To recover the password for CLAT admit card, one will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the registration portal at consortiumofnlus.ac.in
- Click on the "forgot password" link
- In the pop-up page, the candidate will have to enter the registered mobile number and click on request OTP option.
- Now enter the OTP in the next page and select a new password. Click on change password option.
Fixing discrepancies in CLAT admit card 2020
The admit card of CLAT 2020 is an important document. It is used to verify the candidate details at the exam centre. After downloading the CLAT 2020 admit card, candidates must read carefully the details mentioned in it. If there is any discrepancy in the CLAT admit card 2020, the same must be corrected before the exam day. To fix the discrepancies, the candidate will have to visit the help desk given at CLAT official website or may also contact the exam authorities on call or email.
CLAT Consortium has given the following helpline where the candidates may share their concerns regarding the admit card and examination.
Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
CLAT admit card important things to carry to exam centre
In view of the COVIDI-19 pandemic, the safety of the candidates has become very important. Considering this, the Consortium of NLUs has provided a list of safety items which the candidates will have to carry to the exam centre. Candidates will be permitted to carry the following items.
- Personal hand sanitizer (50ml)
- Personal transparent water bottle
- A simple pen
- Exam related documents such as admit card and ID card.
In case, the candidate is coming with a scribe, both the candidate and the scribe will have to carry their own N95 masks. Also, candidates carrying the mobile phone will be asked to deposit their phone outside the examination centre. It can be collected while exiting.
CLAT admit card safety instructions regarding COVID-19
CLAT authorities have the following safety guidelines in place for the CLAT exam scheduled on September 7. The authorities have mentioned the COVID-19 precautions to be taken and are expected to issue the same along with the CLAT admit card 2020.
The special instructions on account of COVID-19 are
- All CLAT exam centres will have trained staff to monitor the crowd and ensure orderly movement.
- The temperature of all candidates appearing for the exam will be checked with the help of Thermo Guns at entry gates.
- The CLAT 2020 admit card will be scrutinized before candidates are allowed into the hall.
- An appropriate number of cleaning staff will be employed at each centre to ensure proper sanitisation
- All students must be equipped with masks and hand sanitisers for their own safety. They should not remove the mask at any point of time
- All the exam administrators and invigilators, security personnel will be wearing face masks and hand gloves
- All the 203 CLAT examination centres will be thoroughly sanitized using spray machines with disinfectant liquid
- All the exam centres will be equipped with soap and sanitiser
- Candidates with fever or COVID symptoms will be accommodated in separate isolation labs.
- All staff in these isolation labs will be equipped with PPE kits. In addition, 3 ply masks and gloves will be provided to isolated candidates.
CLAT 2020 Admit Card - Exam Day Instructions
CLAT exam day instructions are usually mentioned in the CLAT admit card. They are as follows
- Candidates must carry their CLAT admit card and a valid ID card such as voter id, Aadhar card, passport or any other to the exam centre.
- Candidates must avoid carrying any textual materials, stationary, electronic items like mobiles, etc
- They must report well in advance to ensure that they have ample time for the screening and security checks at the exam centres
- They must avoid gathering and grouping at the exam hall.
CLAT Admit Card 2020 Login Window
The CLAT Admit Card download window is the same as the login section on the CLAT website -consortiumofnlus.ac.in/clat-2020. At the top right hand side of the window, the CLAT admit card 2020 download window will be visible. Candidates must enter the mobile number they have given while filling their application form and also the password they have chosen for CLAT exam.
The window will look like
CLAT 2020 admit card likely to be released today
Consortium of NLU's is expected to release CLAT admit card 2020 today. Registered candidates will be able to download their CLAT admit card by giving their mobile numbers and their password for CLAT.
What is the CLAT admit card 2020?
- It is a mandatory identity document required to appear for the Common Law Admission Test scheduled on September 7. Candidate's roll number, exam centre address, reporting time and other such vital details will be mentioned in the CLAT admit card.
- Along with the CLAT admit card, the Consortium may also release detailed COVID -19 instructions including medical precautions to be taken at the exam centre.
CLAT 2020 admit card update; Not yet released, around 68,000 registrations for CLAT UG this year
The CLAT admit card 2020 has not been released yet but it is expected to be released in a few days. Only such candidates who have completed their registration and submitted the application fee will be able to download CLAT 2020 admit card.
As per a recent report by Times of India, around 68000 candidates have registered for CLAT UG 2020. In CLAT LLM, the number of registrations is over 9000. Last year, more than 60000 appeared in the Common Law Admission Test.
Candidates should also note that CLAT admit card may also be allowed to be used as a movement pass. This may help the candidates in travelling from containment zones.
For the matter fact, CLAT this year will be conducted in approximately 203 cities which means per centre fewer candidates will be accommodated. The step to increase the number of test centres have been taken after considering the new social distance-based online test model.
CLAT admit card to be released soon, says consortium
The consortium has said that the CLAT 2020 admit card indicating the test centre address will be available for download soon. In response to Careers360, the CLAT officials said that the exam date will not be changed and the admit card will be released anytime this week.
Along with the CLAT 2020 admit card, the consortium will also share the instructions and details related to the medical precautions. A CLAT notification dated August 10, 2020, clearly says that candidates will not be allowed to enter the test centre without a mask and appropriate respiratory etiquette will be maintained at all time. The detailed instructions will be notified on the CLAT official website.
NLU Consortium releases official notification, says exam not postponed
Given the rumors swirling in the internet about the postponement of the CLAT 2020 exam, the consortium has now released a notification on its official website clarifying that the exam has not been postponed.
It means the exam will be conducted on September 7 as scheduled.
The Consortium has also categorically stated that the document circulating on the internet is fake and has asked student not to fall for it. It has further asked students to visit its official website for any updates on exam notifications.
Beware of fake news. CLAT 2020 hasn't been postponed!
A few hours back, some people started a trend on twitter spreading the news that the CLAT 2020 exam has been postponed. The trend got some traction, but then when some good minded people did the due dilegance and did some fact finding the news was found to be fake. The CLAT exam has not be postponed, and so is all set to be conducted on September 7.
We at Careers360 have also confirmed that the exam hasn't been postponed. Also, there is nothing about postponing the exam mentioned on the official website of the consortium: consortiumofnlus.ac.in
How to download the admit card cum hall ticket of CLAT 2020
- Go to the official website of the consortium
- Select the “Click here” tab displayed in bold in the middle of the page
- A log-in window will be visible in the top right hand corner
- Enter mobile number and password
- Click on Log-in
- On successful log-in, the admit card will be displayed on screen
- Download and take a printout of the CLAT admission ticket 2020.
CLAT 2020 Admit Card to be released @consortiumofnlus.ac.in
The Consortium of National Law Universities had hinted that it will release the CLAT admit card 2020 two weeks or so before the exam date. Considering the CLAT 2020 exam is slated to be conducted on September 7, the admit card should be available any time now.