Karnataka HC seeks report of all candidates involved in PSI recruitment scam
Press Trust of India | April 10, 2023 | 10:08 PM IST | 1 min read
High Court of Karnataka on Monday sought a report of all candidates allegedly involved in the police sub-inspector (PSI) recruitment scam.
NEW DELHI: The High Court of Karnataka on Monday sought a report of all candidates allegedly involved in the police sub-inspector (PSI) recruitment scam. So far, 100 people were arrested in the case and the investigation is going on. The division bench of Justice G Narendar and Justice Shivashankar Amarannavar, which was hearing a batch of petitions against the re-exam ordered by the State for the PSI recruitment, directed the government to submit the report by June 15.
The petitions against the re-exam were filed by PSI candidates including Chandan N V, Vasanth Naik, Asha Sanakalla and Rajeshwari. During the hearing today, Advocate General Prabhulinga Navadagi informed the court that so far 100 people were arrested in the case and the investigation is continuing. He submitted that it was a huge scam in which candidates were accused of cheating in the exam using Bluetooth technology. The Bench asked the Government counsel why the investigation has not been completed even after a year. The AG informed the court that he has consulted with senior police officers and a comprehensive investigation is underway.
Also read | Karnataka High Court concludes hearing in hijab case, reserves order
The court questioned why all candidates should suffer for the act of a few. It said that the investigation officer will be given time till June to complete the probe. Considering the upcoming vacation for the court and the Assembly elections, the court adjourned the hearing of the case to June 15.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Karnataka HC proposed non-NEET candidates for admission to AYUSH courses
NEW DELHI, OCTOBER 13: The High Court of Karnataka has ordered the State government to conduct the admission process for AYUSH courses before October 25. The authorities concerned are directed to publish a notice on or before October 15 inviting all the NEET qualified candidates seeking admission to AYUSH courses in various institutions available across the state.
Kritika Tyagi | 1 min readFeatured News
]- CBSE: APAAR ID must for LOC registration from 2026-27 session; two-level Class 10 exams from 2028
- CBSE Plans: Compulsory computing, AI in Classes 9, 10 syllabus; more skill subjects; 25% EWS quota review
- CBSE 2026: Board tightens rules on cheating, makes it harder to pass; Class 10 gets new marksheets
- NEET PG Counselling: Maharashtra body orders medical college to admit student it refused over fees
- Anna University engineering colleges sack over 300 temp teachers; defiance of court orders, says association
- ChatGPT for education? IIT Madras director on how Bodhan AI will work and what it can do
- CBSE Board Exams 2026: NHRC says withholding admit cards over fee dispute ‘illegal’, violates RTE Act
- Delhi University: After clash over UGC Equity Regulations 2026, DU bans protests, gathering for a month
- Bihar plans to start BA, BSc degree colleges in schools; teachers flag space, staff crunch
- Maharashtra eases university teacher recruitment norms; academic weightage cut to 60% from 75%