NMC announces additional 5th attempt for 2020-21 MBBS batch
Ayushi Bisht | December 11, 2023 | 08:23 PM IST | 1 min read
NMC will offer an additional attempt to students who could not pass their first professional MBBS exam as the 2020-21 batch was also affected by COVID-19 pandemic.
NEW DELHI: MBBS students who took admission during the 2020-21 academic year and could not pass their examination will be allowed to make one more attempt, the National Medical Commission said Monday.
This mercy attempt has been given to the 2020-21 batch of medical students as they suffered in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic.
"The National Medical Commission decided to allow one additional attempt (FIFTH attempt) to such MBBS students who were admitted in medical colleges during the academic year 2020-21 and could not pass their first professional MBBS examination as this batch was also affected by COVID 19 pandemics," the NMC said in a public notice.
It further underlined that this would be a one-time measure and may not be treated as a precedence in future.
ALSO READ I NMC allowed foreign medical graduates from Ukraine to complete course: Govt tells Rajya Sabha
Meanwhile, the commission has allowed foreign medical graduates (FMGs) from the war-hit Ukraine to complete their remaining medical course from different countries as a one-time opportunity.
After qualifying the FMG exam, such foreign medical graduates have to undergo compulsory rotating medical internship (CRMI) for two years enabling them for registration.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- St. Stephen’s College former principal back as English prof; against rules, say teachers, DU officials
- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director
- ‘Part of culture’? IIT Ropar PhD scholars say fear keeps harassment cases buried, rarely reach ICC
- Number of student suicides rises 80% in 10 years, 8.5% of total: NCRB report