South Asian University now suspends finance director on disciplinary grounds
SAU has appointed an acting director of finance and asked the suspended director to hand over the official belongings.

Vagisha Kaushik | August 5, 2023 | 11:25 AM IST
NEW DELHI : After suspending four faculty members, South Asian University (SAU) has now expelled its finance director. The university has also appointed a new acting director and asked suspended director Keshav Dutt to hand over the official documents.
“Whereas disciplinary proceeding is contemplated against Mr Keshav Dutt, Director Finance. Now, therefore, the competent authority, in the exercise of his powers, places Mr Keshav Dutt under suspension with immediate effect,” the university said in an official statement.
Following the suspension order, the competent authority of SAU has decided that Dutt will not leave the station without its prior approval. “Mr Keshav Dutt will hand over all the official documents, keys, etc. to the newly appointed acting director finance immediately,” it added. SAU further said that the director will be paid subsistence allowance as per rule.
Also Read | Over 500 academics urge SAARC foreign ministers to intervene, revoke ‘unfair' SAU suspensions
Earlier in June, the university suspended four faculty members over allegations of misconduct. The professors were among the 15 who had signed a letter against SAU’s decision to call the police for stopping a protest held by students and suspension of five students.
The students, in September 2022, held a protest demanding an increase in monthly stipends and representation in monthly stipends. The protests turned into a hunger strike upon which the police were called in. Initially 13 professors wrote to the university condemning the move.
After SAU suspended students and one of the expelled students suffered cardiac arrest, 15 faculty members called out the university for its decision. While five professors received notices from the university administration, action was taken against four of them as the fifth one allegedly gave an apology.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- ICSI study material enough to clear CSEET; absolutely against private coaching: President
- Navigating Uncertainty: How Ivy League aspirants can tackle US visa challenges
- Education in Manipur: Futures at risk as ethnic violence derails academic dreams of over 50,000 students
- SC enrollment 5.2%, ST’s negligible 1%: Panel flags forward caste dominance in top private universities
- ITEP set for exponential growth as 1,400 institutes seek to launch new four-year teacher training course
- Holding CBSE Class 10 twice can lead to ‘paper leaks, irregularities’, warns parliament panel
- Reservation in private universities, NTA annual reports, CUET review among Parliament panel’s recommendations
- Biodiversity Courses: Central University of Odisha caught in the middle of research vs jobs debate
- ‘Not justified’ to withhold SSA funds over PM SHRI schools: Parliament panel
- PhD admission gaps: Why marginalised candidates struggle to fill reserved seats across central universities