WBBSE bans 3 students from Class 10 history board exam 2025 for carrying mobile phones
Press Trust of India | February 17, 2025 | 07:33 PM IST | 1 min read
A student of Chakulia High School in Uttar Dinajpur was also disqualified for the day for tearing off his answer script at Gandal High School.
Explore the best courses after 10th across science, commerce, arts, and vocational streams. Find the right path based on your interests and build a strong career foundation.
Download NowKOLKATA: The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education on Monday barred three students from appearing in the class 10 final history exam after mobile phones were found on them, officials said.
"While two students of Gobindapur Kalicharan High School were caught with phones at the exam venue at Mathur Jatiram Memorial High School in South 24 Parganas, another student of Hindi High School was caught with a mobile at Dalkhola Girls High School in Uttar Dinajpur," a statement by the Board said.
In Coochbehar, a student of Ila Devi Girls High School was caught with a mobile at Tufanganj Nirpendra Narayan Memorial High School centre during the day. A student of Chakulia High School in Uttar Dinajpur was disqualified for the day for tearing off his answer script at Gandal High School.
Also read CBSE asks parents to remain vigilant against fake claims about board exam paper leaks
The class 10 state board exams began on February 10 and will continue till February 22. Board president Ramanuj Ganguly earlier said carrying any electronic devices by students inside examination centres would not be allowed.
"Except for two key persons entrusted with running the exams at a centre, everyone else has to deposit their mobile phones or other electronic devices at the entrance of the venue. Any student found hiding a phone will be disqualified for the day and his gadget confiscated," he had said.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- Before NEET, CMC Vellore’s unique MBBS admissions tested aptitude along with merit; paper-leak restarts debate
- Jamia Millia Islamia student’s project can help Delhi’s unauthorised colonies ride out a heat wave
- Jadavpur University pro-VC: Faculty, new curriculum keep its BTech ‘globally relevant’ despite fund crunch
- St. Stephen’s College former principal back as English prof; against rules, say teachers, DU officials
- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far