Coronavirus: Education Secretary asks schools to raise awareness
Team Careers360 | March 4, 2020 | 08:08 PM IST | 1 min read
NEW DELHI: The secretary of the Department of School Education and Literacy, Amit Khare, on Wednesday asked schools to “create awareness among students” and teach “preventive interventions” to contain the spread of coronavirus.
Meanwhile, the Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE) has issued a notice on late Monday allowing students to take sanitizers and face masks inside the exam halls.
In a letter addressed to the chief secretaries of all states and the chairperson of the CBSE, Khare said that “creating awareness among general public is extremely important to prevent/reduce transmission of the novel coronavirus.”
Khare has asked schools to teach preventive interventions such as frequent handwash, use of handkerchiefs, avoiding public gatherings, etc.
Khare also noted that informed youth can help in disseminating the information among their family and community.
By Wednesday, five schools in Delhi- NCR were shut down after 40 students of a school in Noida were placed in isolation on Tuesday.
They had come into contact with a patient who later tested positive for CoVID-19.
CoVID-19 is the disease caused by coronavirus.
So far, 28 positive cases have been reported in India, which includes three recovered patients in Kerala.
Write to us at news@careers360.com .
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Featured News
]- Anna University engineering colleges sack over 300 temp teachers; defiance of court orders, says association
- CBSE Board Exams 2026: NHRC says withholding admit cards over fee dispute ‘illegal’, violates RTE Act
- Delhi University: After clash over UGC Equity Regulations 2026, DU bans protests, gathering for a month
- Bihar plans to start BA, BSc degree colleges in schools; teachers flag space, staff crunch
- Maharashtra eases university teacher recruitment norms; academic weightage cut to 60% from 75%
- UP Budget 2026-27: Vocational education funds up 88%; 14 new medical colleges; school outlay highest
- 3 yrs after UGC guidelines, 80% central universities yet to appoint professors of practice, private ones lead
- NMC approves record 20,098 new MBBS, PG medical seats, 777 after initial rejection
- 2 years into paramedical courses, students find themselves in vocational training; 300 protest in North Bengal
- Vidya Pravesh: 4.2 crore students across 8.9 lakh schools covered, but numbers now falling consistently