Delhi Govt to set up enquiry committee for alleged irregularities of funds in 12 colleges
Press Trust of India | March 13, 2021 | 08:42 AM IST | 1 min read
The Delhi Government enquiry committee will look into how the third quarter grants and existing surplus funds have been spent.
Download list of Colleges/ Universities Accpeting CUET Score with Cut-OFFs
Download NowNEW DELHI: Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Friday issued directions to the Directorate of Higher Education to set up an enquiry committee to look into alleged irregularities of funds in 12 city government-funded colleges.
Latest: Check DU PG Seat Allotment 2025 | Vacant Seats for Spot Round 4
DU PG Spot Round 2025: First Cutoff | Second Cutoff | Third Cutoff
DU PG 2025: Third Cutoff | Second Cutoff | First Cutoff
Don't Miss: NIRF DU Colleges Ranking
According to a government statement, Sisodia said that the decision was made after noticing that these Delhi University colleges had not disbursed the salaries of teaching and non-teaching staff and also that many colleges did not submit the utilisation certificates of the third quarter grants.
"If the colleges have not disbursed salaries, then what has been done with the funds with the college? What is the reason that utilisation certificates have not been submitted? The non-submission of utilisation certificates seems to indicate financial irregularities. It seems like an attempt to avoid scrutiny and accountability," Sisodia said in the statement.
Delhi Government college funds
The enquiry committee will look into how the third quarter grants and existing surplus funds have been spent. "Strongest action needs to be taken against any financial irregularities by these Delhi government colleges," he said.
Meanwhile, Delhi University Teachers' Association (DUTA) president Rajib Ray claimed that the Delhi government has now released the sanction letter of Rs 82,79,79,507 under salary head and an amount of Rs 9,50,90,500 under other than salaries' head.
On Thursday, thousands of DU teachers went on a strike to protest the non-payment of salaries for the past six months. The call for a university "shutdown" was given by DUTA on Tuesday as many employees of 12 DU colleges, which are fully funded by the Delhi government, alleged they had not received salaries and other dues for over six months.
Write to us at news@careers360.com
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- Jamia Millia Islamia student’s project can help Delhi’s unauthorised colonies ride out a heat wave
- St. Stephen’s College former principal back as English prof; against rules, say teachers, DU officials
- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director
- ‘Part of culture’? IIT Ropar PhD scholars say fear keeps harassment cases buried, rarely reach ICC