Karnataka ready to assist stranded students amid Israel-Iran conflict: Home Minister
Press Trust of India | March 1, 2026 | 03:48 PM IST | 1 min read
Around 150 students from Chikkaballapura district reported stuck in the region; state government to coordinate with authorities for support and safe return.
Bengaluru: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara on Sunday said the state government was closely monitoring the situation arising out of the ongoing armed conflict between Israel and Iran and was prepared to extend all necessary assistance to stranded people, especially students from Karnataka.
He said reports had been received that several students from different districts had travelled to the region and were unable to return due to the escalating hostilities. "From Chikkaballapura district, around 150 people - all of them schoolchildren and college students - have gone there. We have received news that they are stranded there. We will try to reach them. Whatever help is required, the state government is ready to provide. We will get in touch with the concerned authorities," he said.
Asked how he viewed the recurring conflicts between countries, the Home Minister said, "These are matters related to international relationships between countries. Some of these countries have been raising issues against each other's policies. Now it has come to a stage where Iran is involved, the United States is involved, and Israel is involved. We will see whether this gets resolved or escalates."
Expressing concern over civilian casualties, he said it is "unfortunate" that children, particularly the younger generation - about 85 people - have lost their lives. On reports of schools being hit in the conflict, Parameshwara said this was not what people would expect from countries. "Hopefully, it gets resolved as early as possible."
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]MHT CET 2026: LLB, B.P.Ed, B.Ed-M.Ed application extended till March 3; form at cetcell.mahacet.org
The Maharashtra CET Cell has extended the registration deadline for LLB (3-Year), B.P.Ed, and B.Ed-M.Ed CET 2026 till March 3. Check exam pattern, stages, and revised dates for other CET courses.
Aatif Ammad | 1 min readFeatured News
]- Locked Toilets to Teacher Shortage: CJP’s school audit campaign reveals chronic neglect of govt schools
- NITs to offer dual-track M.Tech programmes, industry-led PhD; aim for NBA accreditation for all courses
- Maharashtra NEET Counselling: Medical colleges try deemed, pvt university, company tags to avoid state control
- IIM Rohtak raised MBA fees without preparing budget; income grew 299%, too high for non-profit: CAG report
- MUHS plans virtual classrooms, remote lectures to tackle faculty crunch at new Maharashtra medical colleges
- NEET Counselling 2026: MBBS fees cross Rs 1 crore at 46 medical colleges, soar at new deemed universities
- PM Research Chair: 3,600 apply for fellowship; over 400 for ‘host institution’ status, says govt
- ‘Tughlaki’ Orders: Visva-Bharati teachers oppose biometric attendance, monthly workload report
- Assam’s State Higher Education Council: Facilitator or another bureaucratic layer, ask academics
- Under 25% of candidates selected via NTA NET join NFSC; panel pulls up govt for coaching scheme’s poor show