Madhya Pradesh schools to reopen for Classes 6 to 12 from September 1
Anu Parthiban | August 28, 2021 | 08:21 AM IST | 2 mins read
From September 1, all government and non-government schools of Classes 6 to 12 in the state will reopen with 50% student capacity on all working days.
Bhopal: Schools in Madhya Pradesh will reopen for Classes 6 to 12 with 50% attendance and other COVID-19 guidelines from September 1, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said after chairing a review meeting on Friday.
"From September 1, all government and non-government schools of Classes 6 to 12 in the state will reopen with 50% student capacity every day. The consent of the parents will be mandatory. School management and parents have to strictly follow the COVID-19 protocol," the chief minister said.
प्रदेश में आगामी एक सितंबर से कक्षा 6 से 12 के सभी शासकीय और अशासकीय विद्यालय 50% विद्यार्थी क्षमता के साथ प्रतिदिन प्रारंभ हो सकेंगे।
— Shivraj Singh Chouhan (@ChouhanShivraj) August 27, 2021
इस व्यवस्था में अभिभावकों की सहमति अनिवार्य होगी। स्कूल प्रबंधन और अभिभावक इस दौरान #COVID19 प्रोटोकॉल का पालन अनिवार्य रूप से करें।
Chouhan further said that the decision over the resumption of classes for Class 1 to 5 will be taken on the basis of the situation after a week. Earlier, schools for Classes 9 to 12 were being held twice a week, however, now the classes will be held on all working days.
"Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Minister of State for School Education (Independent Charge) Inder Singh discussed in a meeting to start the classes in government and non-government schools of the state from 1st September with 50 per cent students," CMO said in a tweet.
A school education department order also said it was mandatory for school staff to have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Physical classes for Class 9 to 12 began with 50% students' attendance in the last week of July, while online classes were also being held simultaneously.
Private schools in the state were demanding reopening of schools for all classes in compliance with COVID-19 safeguards. At least 45,000 private schools affiliated to the Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education had announced to stage sit-in protests across the state from September 2.
Schools in MP were closed since March last year due to the coronavirus outbreak, with some classes being held for a while before being stopped amid the second wave this year.
(With inputs from PTI)
Write to us at news@careers360.com .
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- Before NEET, CMC Vellore’s unique MBBS admissions tested aptitude along with merit; paper-leak restarts debate
- Jamia Millia Islamia student’s project can help Delhi’s unauthorised colonies ride out a heat wave
- Jadavpur University pro-VC: Faculty, new curriculum keep its BTech ‘globally relevant’ despite fund crunch
- St. Stephen’s College former principal back as English prof; against rules, say teachers, DU officials
- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far