NEET 2022: Kerala minister calls for action against NTA for "inhuman behaviour"
Abhiraj P | July 18, 2022 | 10:01 PM IST | 2 mins read
NEET Exam Kerala: Kerala higher education minister R Bindu said that the incident was a violation of human rights and irresponsibility from the side of NTA.
Practice with the NEET 2026 Free Mock Test PDF featuring full-length ReNEET exam simulation, detailed solutions, and real exam pattern.
Try NowNEW DELHI: Kerala higher education and social justice minister R Bindu has written to the Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan requesting to take action against the National Testing Agency (NTA) officials who forced girl students who appeared for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Undergraduate (NEET-UG) exam in an exam centre near Kollam, Kerala, to remove their innerwear before entering the exam hall.
NEET 2026: 30-Day Study Plan PDF | Last 5 Year's PYQ's with Solutions
NEET 2026: NEET Previous 17 Years QP (2009–2025) | Most Scoring Concepts
NEET 2026: Crash Course for Re-NEET 2026 | 100% FREE | Mock Test
In a tweet, Bindu condemned the incident by calling it a violation of human rights and irresponsibility from the side of NTA. She said that this huge error from the side of NTA would have affected the mental bearing of the students who had to go through it and attend the exam.
It is reprehensible that girl students who appeared for the NEET-UG exam in Kollam were made to remove their innerwear before entering the exam hall. It is learnt that this was done by people from the agency conducting the examination.
— Dr R Bindu (@rbinducpm) July 18, 2022
Also read | UGC has ‘no proposal’ to absorb ad-hoc teachers, says Education Ministry
"I write to express our dismay and shock at the news of naked assault on the dignity and honour of the girl students who appeared for the NEET examination in a centre near Kollam in Kerala. An agency that has been entrusted with the conduct of the examination allegedly forced the girl participants to strip before entering the test centre for reasons known only to themselves. The shame and shock of this unexpected turn of events have affected the morale and composure of the students whose performance in the test was consequently affected." she said in the letter.
Also read | CUET 2022: NTA tells candidates to go to exam centre on admit card
The higher education minister called the incident inhuman and recommended strong action against the agency to prevent such incidents in the future. She requested the intervention of Pradhan in this matter.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- St. Stephen’s College former principal back as English prof; against rules, say teachers, DU officials
- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director
- ‘Part of culture’? IIT Ropar PhD scholars say fear keeps harassment cases buried, rarely reach ICC
- Number of student suicides rises 80% in 10 years, 8.5% of total: NCRB report