Two schools in Indore get bomb threats; evacuated
Press Trust of India | February 4, 2025 | 03:49 PM IST | 1 min read
The e-mails sent to New Digamber Public School and the Indore Public School, threatened to blow them up using RDX.
INDORE: Two private schools in Madhya Pradesh's Indore city were evacuated after they received bomb threats via e-mails on Tuesday, police said. Bomb disposal squads were sent to the two institutions, they said, adding that no explosive has been found so far.
The e-mails sent in the morning to the New Digamber Public School, located on Khandwa Road, and the Indore Public School, in Rau area, threatened to blow them up using RDX, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Rajesh Dandotia told reporters.
"The email said that RDX has been planted in both the schools and this will cause explosions in the educational institutions. Some things are written in Tamil language also in the email," the official said.
Both the school buildings were evacuated and the Bomb Detection and Disposal Squads were sent there for inspection, but no explosive has been found so far, he said.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Odisha partners with US-based non-profit to provide 'world-class education resources' to schools
Odisha government has signed an agreement with CK-12 Foundation, a US-based non-profit technology organisation to provide 'top-notch' facilities to students, and teachers.
Press Trust of India | 1 min readFeatured News
]- CBSE 2026: Board tightens rules on cheating, makes it harder to pass; Class 10 gets new marksheets
- NEET PG Counselling: Maharashtra body orders medical college to admit student it refused over fees
- Anna University engineering colleges sack over 300 temp teachers; defiance of court orders, says association
- ChatGPT for education? IIT Madras director on how Bodhan AI will work and what it can do
- CBSE Board Exams 2026: NHRC says withholding admit cards over fee dispute ‘illegal’, violates RTE Act
- Delhi University: After clash over UGC Equity Regulations 2026, DU bans protests, gathering for a month
- Bihar plans to start BA, BSc degree colleges in schools; teachers flag space, staff crunch
- Maharashtra eases university teacher recruitment norms; academic weightage cut to 60% from 75%
- UP Budget 2026-27: Vocational education funds up 88%; 14 new medical colleges; school outlay highest
- 3 yrs after UGC guidelines, 80% central universities yet to appoint professors of practice, private ones lead