Team Careers360|Dec 4, 2023
CAT 2023 application form window closes today at iimcat.ac.in; how to calculate percentile?
IIM Lucknow is holding the CAT 2023 for admission to 21 IIMs in the country on November 26.
NEW DELHI: The Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow will end the application process for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2023 at 5 PM today. Candidates can apply for the CAT 2023 on the official website, iimcat.ac.in.
The IIM Lucknow is holding the CAT 2023 for admission to 21 IIMs in the country. The score of exam is also used by several other top B-schools such as Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University, Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Banaras Hindu University (BHU).
Candidates applying for the CAT 2023 should have secured 50 per cent marks in the bachelor’s degree. Five percent relaxation in minimum marks is given to students belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories. Final-year UG students are also eligible to fill the application form for the CAT 2023.
The IIM Lucknow will conduct the CAT 2023 on November 26 in three shifts. The result will be declared in mid-January and the scores will be valid for the academic session 2024-25.
CAT 2023: Percentile calculation
Candidates can follow these steps to calculate the CAT 2023 overall and sectional percentile scores.
- Calculate the total number of candidates (N) who appeared for CAT, including in the morning, afternoon and evening sessions.
- Assign a rank (r) based on the scaled scores obtained in the QA section, to all candidates who appeared for CAT.
- In the case of two or more candidates obtaining identical scaled scores in the QA section, assign identical ranks to all those candidates.
- Calculate the percentile score (P) of a candidate with rank (r) in the QA section as: 𝑃 = (𝑁 − 𝑟) x 100 𝑁
- Round off the calculated percentile score (P) of a candidate up to two decimal points.
To get in touch, write to us at email@example.com.