CLAT UG third allotment 2026 postponed after Allahabad HC orders revision of answer key, merit list
Anu Parthiban | February 5, 2026 | 10:05 AM IST | 1 min read
Allahabad High Court has ordered Consortium to award marks for question number 9; CLAT UG revised merit list on consortiumofnlus.ac.in soon.
Know your admission chances in National Law Universities based on your home state & exam result for All India Category & State Category seats.
Try NowThe Consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs) has postponed the CLAT third allotment, scheduled to be declared on February 5, until further orders, following the Allahabad High Court directions to revise the UG merit list. A revised CLAT counselling schedule will be published shortly on the official website, consortiumofnlus.ac.in, soon.
New: CLAT 2026 2nd Provisional Allotment List Out
CLAT 2026 Tools: College Predictor
CLAT 2026: Opening and Closing Ranks | Expected Cutoff | Marks vs Rank
Admission Alert: Law Applications Open at Jindal Global Law School
In a judgment dated February 3, a single judge held that for question number 9 of CLAT UG booklet C, and its corresponding questions across other sets, both options B and D should be treated as correct.
The court has directed the Consortium to revise the CLAT UG scores and merit list 2026 accordingly, which was published on December 16, 2025.
However, the court also clarified that the revision should not disturb candidates who have already been allotted seats in round 1 and 2 of the CLAT UG counselling process.
Also read CLAT 2026: NLSIU Bengaluru records highest cut-offs; category-wise closing ranks out
Following the court order, the Executive Committee of the Consortium has decided to file a Special Appeal before the division bench of the Allahabad High Court, challenging the single judge’s order.
It said it would continue to defend the CLAT UG final answer key notified earlier and seek to ensure that the answers remain unchanged for future rounds of counselling.
“The Consortium intends to take all legal steps to ensure that no seats allotted to students in rounds 1 and 2 of the counselling, which are already concluded, are impacted in any way. The Consortium also intends to reiterate its defence of the Final Answer Key, as previously notified, in its appeal - so as to ensure that the said key is maintained without any change for future rounds of counselling also,” it said.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- Bihar plans to start BA, BSc degree colleges in schools; teachers flag space, staff crunch
- Maharashtra eases university teacher recruitment norms; academic weightage cut to 60% from 75%
- UP Budget 2026-27: Vocational education funds up 88%; 14 new medical colleges; school outlay highest
- 3 yrs after UGC guidelines, 80% central universities yet to appoint professors of practice, private ones lead
- NMC approves record 20,098 new MBBS, PG medical seats, 777 after initial rejection
- 2 years into paramedical courses, students find themselves in vocational training; 300 protest in North Bengal
- Vidya Pravesh: 4.2 crore students across 8.9 lakh schools covered, but numbers now falling consistently
- Over 7 lakh Kendriya Vidyalaya students assessed via education ministry’s TARA app, 1.46 lakh on career tool
- Caste on Campus: The shape of discrimination in universities and why many back UGC equity regulations
- Across Telangana’s new government medical colleges, 26 depts empty, 31 with single teachers: Doctors’ survey