Jharkhand HC stays cancellation of appointments through 11th, 12th, 13th JPSC exams
Sakshi Gupta | August 20, 2026 | 05:55 PM IST | 2 mins read
Jharkhand High Court stays appointment cancellation orders linked to 11th-13th exams, offering relief to nearly 450 candidates
The Jharkhand High Court on Thursday put on hold the implementation of government notifications cancelling the appointments of employees recruited through the 11th, 12th and 13th Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) examinations .
The interim order was passed while hearing a petition challenging the cancellation notifications. The court has asked the Jharkhand government to file its response by September 15, when the case will be taken up again.
Advocate Amritansh Vats, appearing for the petitioners, said the court had prima facie stayed the cancellation of appointments made through the 11th to 13th JPSC examinations, along with the notification related to the recruitment of food safety officers.
Vats said the court noted that the cancellation orders appeared to be contrary to the principles of natural justice. The stay is expected to provide relief to around 450 applicants whose appointments were affected by the government's decision.
Also read Jharkhand scraps JSSC-CGL, TDPL exams; forms panel to reform recruitment process
Order brings relief to candidates
The high court's intervention comes amid wider scrutiny of recruitment examinations conducted in Jharkhand. The latest order temporarily protects the appointments covered by the challenged notifications until the next hearing.
The development follows the Jharkhand government's decision earlier this week to cancel the Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission-Combined Graduate Level (JSSC-CGL) examination . Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren announced the cancellation on August 18, after students had been protesting for 24 days over alleged irregularities in recruitment examinations.
Government announces wider examination review
The decision was taken during a four-hour emergency Cabinet meeting. Soren also announced that examinations conducted since 2014 through TSR Data Processing Private Limited (TDPL), which has been blacklisted, would be cancelled.
The chief minister further said a committee headed by senior IAS officer Amitabh Kaushal would be formed to recommend reforms in the state's examination system. The committee is expected to examine measures aimed at strengthening the recruitment and examination process in Jharkhand.
(With PTI inputs)
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- Delhi Private Universities Bill: New regulator, zero standards, minister as visitor; why teachers are wary
- ‘Chowkidar-cum-Gatekeeper’: Why Visva-Bharati’s biotech head won’t enforce order for monthly workload reports
- IIT Placements 2026: Many in BTech Computer Science aim for trading firms, not Google; internships show why
- Locked Toilets to Teacher Shortage: CJP’s school audit campaign reveals chronic neglect of govt schools
- NITs to offer dual-track M.Tech programmes, industry-led PhD; aim for NBA accreditation for all courses
- Maharashtra NEET Counselling: Medical colleges try deemed, pvt university, company tags to avoid state control
- IIM Rohtak raised MBA fees without preparing budget; income grew 299%, too high for non-profit: CAG report
- MUHS plans virtual classrooms, remote lectures to tackle faculty crunch at new Maharashtra medical colleges
- NEET Counselling 2026: MBBS fees cross Rs 1 crore at 46 medical colleges, soar at new deemed universities
- PM Research Chair: 3,600 apply for fellowship; over 400 for ‘host institution’ status, says govt