Six Delhi schools receive bomb threat emails, students evacuated as security teams conduct intensive checks
Press Trust of India | March 2, 2026 | 03:59 PM IST | 1 min read
Police, bomb disposal squads and fire officials carry out anti-sabotage inspections across campuses; no suspicious items found so far, investigation underway.
New Delhi: At least six schools and three banks in the national capital received bomb threat emails on Monday, prompting authorities to dispatch multiple security teams to the premises and carry out intensive checks, officials of the Delhi Fire Services said. Among the schools that received similar threat emails included Army Public School in Delhi Cantt, Salwan Public School, Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, Mira Public School in Janakpuri, Ramjas Public School and Ramjas School in Rajendra Nagar.
According to the DFS, calls regarding bomb threats started coming in from 8.20 am, following emails received by the institutions. "Teams from the local police, bomb disposal squad, dog squad and fire department were immediately dispatched to the locations. Detailed anti-sabotage checks are underway," a senior police officer said.
At the school premises, students and staff were evacuated as a precautionary measure, and parents were informed and asked not to panic as security agencies began sanitising the campuses. In a message to parents, Sardar Patel Vidyalaya said the school had received a security threat in the morning and that police teams were present on campus to undertake necessary security measures. It added that all students had been evacuated safely.
Also read Delhi education minister terms HC stay on govt's order on school fee hike relief for parents
The message further stated that classes for junior school students would resume once the premises were declared safe, while examinations for senior school students would recommence after clearance from security agencies. Police said security personnel were conducting thorough inspections of classrooms, corridors, administrative blocks, parking areas and surrounding premises in all the affected schools and bank branches.
So far, nothing suspicious has been found at any of the locations, police said, adding that investigations were underway to trace the origin of the emails. The incidents come amid heightened alertness across the city.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Breast Cancer: IIT Madras study finds one in every four Indian patients carry inherited cancer risk
IIT Madras and Karkinos Healthcare have found that 24.6% of Indian breast cancer patients carry inherited risk variants, most outside BRCA1/2. The study is published in journal BMC Cancer
Aatif Ammad | 1 min readFeatured News
]- Jamia Millia Islamia student’s project can help Delhi’s unauthorised colonies ride out a heat wave
- Jadavpur University pro-VC: Faculty, new curriculum keep its BTech ‘globally relevant’ despite fund crunch
- St. Stephen’s College former principal back as English prof; against rules, say teachers, DU officials
- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director