KEAM 2026: Kerala HC allows CBSE 12th students from UAE to upload revaluated marks for round 2 allotment
Vaishnavi Shukla | July 12, 2026 | 09:47 AM IST | 3 mins read
Kerala HC allowed three CBSE students to submit revalued marks for KEAM 2026 round 2 allotment, without affecting the ongoing admission process
Explore Kerala’s top 50 B.Tech colleges with rankings, courses, fee details, and required entrance exams in this complete admission e-book.
Download EBookIn a recent order by the Kerala High Court, three CBSE Class 12 students from the UAE were allowed to upload the re-evaluated marks on the Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical (KEAM) portal for round 2 admission. Students had approached the Kerala HC claiming that if their CBSE re-evaluated marks were taken into consideration, their rank would have improved tremendously.
KEAM 2026: Complete Guide | B.tech Cutoff in Kerala
New: Apply to Multiple B.Tech Colleges Through Free 1:1 Counselling
University Admission Alert: Jain | Presidency | Dayananda Sagar | New Horizon (NHCE)
Students said that their CBSE Class 12 revalued marks were announced by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) only after the KEAM rank list 2026 was published on June 27.
The student alleged that they have been deprived of their eligible rank in KEAM 2026 due to irregularity in CBSE Class 12 result 2026 and the delay in publishing their re-evaluated results.
Also read From next year, CBSE Class 12 answer sheets on Digilocker: Education ministry
Students applied for revaluation after OSM errors
According to the Press Trust of India report, students applied for CBSE Class 12 re-evaluation 2026 after errors in results came to light due to the on-screen marking system. However, the state government opposed the pleas of students, claiming that it had already changed the date of publication of the KEAM rank list 2026 twice to accommodate students, and the last date for them to upload their revalued marks was June 23.
"The government also contended that the allotment process started on July 8 and any interference with the rank list will bring the admission process into complete disarray," the PTI report added.
State vs Kerala HC
Disagreeing with the state government, the Kerala HC said the situation in the instant writ petitions was "undoubtedly exceptional" and "exceptional circumstances warrant exceptional measures".
The court also observed that the OSM evaluation of the CBSE board Class 12 answer sheets had several flaws, including "technical glitches, swapped answer sheets, blurry scanned pages due to a newly launched digital scanning system, etc, and the discrepancies in valuation were not attributable to the candidates".
Relief to CBSE students
The Kerala HC further noted that though the majority of the revaluations were done on time, the petitioners fell into a category whose revalued results were published only after the KEAM rank list was published - "again for no fault of theirs".
"They have also approached this court without any delay. Though the process of admissions is a laborious task for the authorities, that per se cannot be a ground for compromising merit, especially when a candidate of higher merit has approached this court without undue delay," the High Court said.
HC to Students: Upload marks by July 13
The Kerala HC directed Kerala CEE to accept the revalued mark list of the three petitioners, if uploaded by July 13, 12:30 pm, and publish the rank list based on their revalued marks before the second allotment commences.
"Under no circumstances shall the revalued marks of any other person be permitted to be uploaded," it said.
"The candidature of the petitioners for admission based on the ranks so granted to them, after recasting the rank list, shall be considered only from the next allotment onwards, and they shall not be entitled to claim any benefit in the first allotment," the HC order said.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Maharashtra hostels for SC, ST students run without wardens, overcrowded; some ‘bogus’: CAG report
33 new Samaj Kalyan hostels approved for Dalit, Adivasi students; none operational. CAG blames Maharashtra govt’s lax monitoring for poor hostels, implementation of Swadhar Yojana
Team Careers360 | 3 mins readFeatured News
]- Delhi Private Universities Bill: New regulator, zero standards, minister as visitor; why teachers are wary
- ‘Chowkidar-cum-Gatekeeper’: Why Visva-Bharati’s biotech head won’t enforce order for monthly workload reports
- IIT Placements 2026: Many in BTech Computer Science aim for trading firms, not Google; internships show why
- Locked Toilets to Teacher Shortage: CJP’s school audit campaign reveals chronic neglect of govt schools
- NITs to offer dual-track M.Tech programmes, industry-led PhD; aim for NBA accreditation for all courses
- Maharashtra NEET Counselling: Medical colleges try deemed, pvt university, company tags to avoid state control
- IIM Rohtak raised MBA fees without preparing budget; income grew 299%, too high for non-profit: CAG report
- MUHS plans virtual classrooms, remote lectures to tackle faculty crunch at new Maharashtra medical colleges
- NEET Counselling 2026: MBBS fees cross Rs 1 crore at 46 medical colleges, soar at new deemed universities
- PM Research Chair: 3,600 apply for fellowship; over 400 for ‘host institution’ status, says govt