NEET PG 2021: MBBS graduates move Kerala HC challenging 27% quota to SEBC
Vagisha Kaushik | November 26, 2021 | 07:45 PM IST | 2 mins read
NEET PG Counselling 2021: FORDA has announced nationwide strike as counselling gets further postponed due to plea filed in SC challenging reservation for OBC, EWS.
Get complete details on the NEET PG 2026 syllabus, including subject-wise topics, weightage, and important areas to focus on for effective exam preparation.
Download nowNEW DELHI: A group of MBBS graduates filed a petition in Kerala High Court challenging the state government’s notice for increasing the reservation for the Socially and Economically Backward Classes (SEBC) from 9 percent to 27 percent in postgraduate medical courses, the LiveLaw reported. Justice N Nagaresh will hear the matter on November 29, it said.
Also Read | NEET UG 2021: NTA to examine alleged error in Hindi translation of physics question
The petition has been filed by a group of doctors who had appeared for National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) PG 2021 exam and are eligible for PG medical courses.
There are a total of 833 seats for PG courses out of which 427 seats are filled up from the rank list prepared by the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations. Of the total seats allotted to the state, 9% is reserved for SEBC, the report informed.
Also Read | NEET UG 2021: Supreme Court directs relief for PwD candidate who sought directions for re-exam
On October 20, the state government issued a circular revising the reservation pattern of seats for the admission of PG medical courses in the state by increasing the quota for SEBC to 27% and reducing seats for general candidates to 38%.
Meanwhile, the Federation of Resident Doctors’ Association (FORDA) announced nationwide withdrawal of Out Patient Department (OPD) services from Saturday, November 27, onwards due to repeated delays in counselling.
Also Read | AIIMS Bathinda inaugurates centre of excellence for medical professionals: Report
the NEET PG Counselling 2021 has been further postponed due to pleas filed in Supreme Court challenging the Centre and Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) July 29 notice providing 27% reservation for Other Backward Class (OBC) and 10% for EWS category in the NEET admissions for medical courses.
On November 25, the Centre told the top court that it has decided to review Rs 8 lakh criteria for determining EWS category in NEET All India Quota (AIQ) and will come up with a fresh decision within four weeks.
The Centre had earlier justified before the Supreme Court its decision to set the limit of Rs 8 lakh annual income fixed for determining the EWS category.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- St. Stephen’s College former principal back as English prof; against rules, say teachers, DU officials
- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director
- ‘Part of culture’? IIT Ropar PhD scholars say fear keeps harassment cases buried, rarely reach ICC
- Number of student suicides rises 80% in 10 years, 8.5% of total: NCRB report