Six Delhi schools receive bomb threats, third incident in four days
Press Trust of India | August 21, 2025 | 09:05 AM IST | 1 min read
Delhi: Schools received calls regarding the bomb threat between 6:35 am and 7:48 am.
NEW DELHI: At least six schools in the national capital received bomb threats on Thursday through e-mail, prompting police and other emergency agencies to launch a search operation, an official of the Delhi Fire Services said. Calls regarding the bomb threat were received between 6.35 am and 7.48 am in six schools in the capital.
These include Andhra school in Prasad Nagar, BGS International School, Rao Man Singh School, Convent School, Max Fort School and Indraprastha International School, Dwarka, officials said. Police teams, along with fire personnel and bomb disposal squads, rushed to the premises immediately. This is the third such incident in four days when schools have received bomb threats .
On Monday, 32 schools across Delhi received similar threats, which later turned out to be hoaxes. On Wednesday, around 50 schools in the national capital received bomb threats again through e-mail, which were later declared 'hoax'.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director
- ‘Part of culture’? IIT Ropar PhD scholars say fear keeps harassment cases buried, rarely reach ICC
- Number of student suicides rises 80% in 10 years, 8.5% of total: NCRB report
- ANRF PAIR Programme gives Rs 100 crore to just 7 hub-spoke networks, rest get Rs 2 crore grants