Action will be taken against KSEB officials at fault for schoolboy's electrocution: Minister
Press Trust of India | July 27, 2025 | 06:45 PM IST | 1 min read
Krishnankutty said KSEB chairman Mir Mohammed Ali has been asked to identify those responsible, as the chief security commissioner's report cited failure but named no one.
NEW DELHI: Kerala Electricity Minister K Krishnankutty on Sunday said the KSEB chairman has been tasked with finding out who were all at fault for the recent death by electrocution of a 13-year-old boy at an aided school here and take action against them. The minister said that when the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) admitted that there was a failure on its part, it should mention who were all responsible for it.
Krishnankutty said that the KSEB chairman -- Mir Mohammed Ali -- has now been tasked to find out who was all responsible, as the report given by the Board's chief security commissioner did not mention any names. "When the report says there was a failure, it should say by whom. But the report did not mention any names. So, the chairman has been asked to find out the names and take action against them," the minister said.
He said that those at fault would be identified and action would be taken against them within one week. Mithun, a student of Thevalakkara Boys High School here, died on July 17 after coming into contact with a live electric wire on the school premises. Kerala General Education Minister V Sivankutty on Saturday announced that the state government will take over administration of the school and the institution's manager will be dismissed.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director
- ‘Part of culture’? IIT Ropar PhD scholars say fear keeps harassment cases buried, rarely reach ICC
- Number of student suicides rises 80% in 10 years, 8.5% of total: NCRB report
- ANRF PAIR Programme gives Rs 100 crore to just 7 hub-spoke networks, rest get Rs 2 crore grants