Around 35,000 students take DU's online open-book exams
DU's dean (examinations), said the process went off smoothly and there were no complaints of any technical glitches.
Download list of Colleges/ Universities Accpeting CUET/CUCET Score with Cut-OFFs
Download NowPress Trust of India | June 8, 2021 | 09:19 AM IST
NEW DELHI : Nearly 35,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students took the online open-book exams of the Delhi University (DU) on Monday and no technical glitches were reported, officials said.
New: Check NIRF DU Colleges Ranking
Latest: DU Admission Process
Monday was the first day of the exams and the officials said all the 35,000 students uploaded their answer sheets using the portal and there were no email submissions. DS Rawat, Dean (Examinations), said the process went off smoothly and there were no complaints of any technical glitches.
Last year, when the OBE was held for the first time, students had complained about failure to submit answersheets, problems in downloading question papers and other issues.
Some had also said they were grappling with COVID-19 in the family and would not be in the right frame of mind to appear for the exams, but Rawat said most of the students wanted to finish their academics. Arpita, a third-year BA student, said, "The process went off smoothly.
One of our classmates encountered issues while uploading the answersheets but in the end, he was also able to upload those." Shashwat Verma, who took the exam from his hometown in Kanpur, said, "OBE is a time-taking process. The question paper takes a couple of minutes to download and after finishing the exam, clicking the photos of each page, converting those into the PDF format and uploading takes time. The internet speed also poses issues. But whatever said, the OBE was smoother this time as compared to the last time." Ramhari Chowdhury, a student of Motilal Nehru College, took the exam from his hometown in Mathura.
"The process was smoother than the last time and I could complete the paper in time," he said.
The exams were postponed twice. The exams were scheduled to start from May 15 but were deferred to June 1 owing to a spike in the number of coronavirus cases across the country. Later, the university released a new notification, saying the final semester or the annual exams will commence from June 7, instead of June 1.
Write to us at news@careers360.com.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- ICSI study material enough to clear CSEET; absolutely against private coaching: President
- Navigating Uncertainty: How Ivy League aspirants can tackle US visa challenges
- Education in Manipur: Futures at risk as ethnic violence derails academic dreams of over 50,000 students
- SC enrollment 5.2%, ST’s negligible 1%: Panel flags forward caste dominance in top private universities
- ITEP set for exponential growth as 1,400 institutes seek to launch new four-year teacher training course
- Holding CBSE Class 10 twice can lead to ‘paper leaks, irregularities’, warns parliament panel
- Reservation in private universities, NTA annual reports, CUET review among Parliament panel’s recommendations
- Biodiversity Courses: Central University of Odisha caught in the middle of research vs jobs debate
- ‘Not justified’ to withhold SSA funds over PM SHRI schools: Parliament panel
- PhD admission gaps: Why marginalised candidates struggle to fill reserved seats across central universities