Haryana Govt orders colleges, universities to remain shut till Jul 31
Press Trust of India | July 2, 2020 | 09:57 AM IST | 2 mins read
CHANDIGARH: The Haryana government on Wednesday ordered that colleges and universities in the state will continue to remain closed till July 31 as per Unlock 2.0 guidelines issued by the Centre.
It also announced summer vacation in all government and private schools from July 1 to July 26 for teaching and administrative staff who had been attending schools, even though no regular classes were being held in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Subsequently, from July 27, 2020, the school will reopen for teachers and non-academic staff only, and students will not attend schools,” Education Minister Kanwar Pal said.
The Union Home Ministry will issue necessary guidelines on allowing students to attend schools after reopening as per the circumstances prevailing then, he said. Meanwhile, in an order issued to Vice-Chancellors of government and private universities, and college principals, the higher education principal secretary said.
“Following centre's guidelines, the state government has decided that all universities and colleges shall remain closed till July 31.” However, online learning for students will continue.
Reopening universities
“The administrative staff in the universities and colleges will be coming as per the usual protocol for completion of administrative works. However, all precautionary measures as notified by the MHA, Government of India, and by the state government shall be adhered to meticulously at the institutional level,” said the order.
All vice-chancellors have been asked to hold consultations with various stakeholders regarding reopening of higher educational institutions and submit their recommendations to the government within the next 10 days, as per the order.
All colleges, universities and schools in Haryana have remained shut after a coronavirus lockdown was imposed in March. Education Minister Pal also said that during the summer vacation in schools, the ‘Chief Minister's Distance Education Programme’ will continue to function.
He said that all school heads and other officers appointed for supervision will prepare a report and present to the directorate.
Also read:
- Educational institutes to remain shut till July 31 in UP
- CBSE launches mandatory online teachers training programme
Write to us at news@careers360.com
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Quick Watch
]Featured News
]- ‘No one feels secure’: Jadavpur University ABVP ‘raid’ leaves students scarred, questioning security collapse
- ‘Ready for arrest’: CJP’s Ashutosh Ranka on ‘School Thik Karo’ drive, says judiciary, ECI accountability next
- Delhi Private Universities Bill: New regulator, zero standards, minister as visitor; why teachers are wary
- ‘Chowkidar-cum-Gatekeeper’: Why Visva-Bharati’s biotech head won’t enforce order for monthly workload reports
- IIT Placements 2026: Many in BTech Computer Science aim for trading firms, not Google; internships show why
- Locked Toilets to Teacher Shortage: CJP’s school audit campaign reveals chronic neglect of govt schools
- NITs to offer dual-track M.Tech programmes, industry-led PhD; aim for NBA accreditation for all courses
- Maharashtra NEET Counselling: Medical colleges try deemed, pvt university, company tags to avoid state control
- IIM Rohtak raised MBA fees without preparing budget; income grew 299%, too high for non-profit: CAG report
- MUHS plans virtual classrooms, remote lectures to tackle faculty crunch at new Maharashtra medical colleges