Rajasthan education department to let schools decide on student strength for offline classes: Report
Vagisha Kaushik | November 22, 2021 | 03:58 PM IST | 2 mins read
Rajasthan government had allowed academic activities in universities, colleges, schools and coaching institutes with 100 percent capacity.
NEW DELHI: The Rajasthan education department is considering allowing schools to decide on calling students for physical classes with COVID-19 protocols, the Times of India reported.
The state is witnessing a rise in COVID-19 cases amongst the school students which has resulted in panic amongst both parents and students. The officials at the school directorate in Bikaner told TOI that alternate classes since October were doing fine for both parents and students.
Also Read | Delhi Govt's decision on reopening schools, colleges on November 24
"Overcrowding is a major problem in schools, which was understood after the COVID-19 outbreak. The normal strength of students ranges between 40-60 students in a room, where they end up sitting almost next to each other,” an official was quoted as saying by TOI based on feedback received from schools.
In such a situation, social distancing is not possible in all those schools whose strength is above 30 in each class, the official added, as per the report.
Also Read | IIT Kharagpur to call second-year BTech students to campus early next year: Repor
The official gave a hint that the department is likely to leave it to schools to decide the strength of students according to the size of their classes, the report added.
Another official told TOI that everyone is completely aware of the COVID-19 protocols and while the government can provide guidelines on conducting offline classes, the schools and parents will have to examine the situation according to the school’s infrastructure.
Also Read | IIT Madras to bring UG students back to campus batch by batch from 2022
The schools in Rajasthan remained closed from October 29 to November 7 due to Diwali break .
On November 9, the Rajasthan government had given permission to conduct academic activities in universities, colleges, schools and coaching institutes with 100 per cent capacity in view of decline in Covid cases.
The regular classes for students of 6 to 8 resumed from September 20 in government and private schools with 50 per cent capacity. School activity for Class 1 to 5 resumed from September 27 with 50 percent capacity. The state government had already started classes for students of 9 to 12 from September 1.
Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..
To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.
Next Story
]Featured News
]- CBSE makes third language compulsory for Class 9 from July, with Class 6 books and shared teachers
- IIT Ropar’s ANNAM.AI is ‘green intelligence in action’ and future of agriculture technology: Project director
- Delhi HC halts recruitment at DU’s St. Stephen’s College after ad hoc teachers allege irregularities
- IIT Kharagpur tackling mental health crisis with ‘mothers’, mentors and an app: First student wellbeing dean
- NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies
- Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far
- IIT Jodhpur’s Hindi BTech is breaking the English-only mould, model for others to follow: Director
- ‘Part of culture’? IIT Ropar PhD scholars say fear keeps harassment cases buried, rarely reach ICC
- Number of student suicides rises 80% in 10 years, 8.5% of total: NCRB report
- ANRF PAIR Programme gives Rs 100 crore to just 7 hub-spoke networks, rest get Rs 2 crore grants