Re-NEET in 30 days a ‘massive logistical challenge’, NTA adopts ‘zero trust’ policy: Report

Suviral Shukla | May 22, 2026 | 05:03 PM IST | 2 mins read

Re-NEET UG 2026: The NTA has strengthened security protocols and increased cross-checking mechanisms to prevent any compromise in the examination process, the report reads.

Re-NEET 2026 Mock Test

Practice with the NEET 2026 Free Mock Test PDF featuring full-length ReNEET exam simulation, detailed solutions, and real exam pattern.

Try Now
Social media platforms, including Telegram, are also under close monitoring as investigators suspect such channels may have been used during the alleged leak network, the report said. (Representational image: Magnific)

The National Testing Agency (NTA) has adopted a “zero trust” approach ahead of the June 21 re-NEET examination 2026. The NTA will also introduce advanced surveillance, regular audits and social media monitoring following the alleged paper leak controversy, ANI reported. Nearly 22.79 lakh MBBS aspirants will appear for the re-NEET UG 2026 exam in a single shift from 2 pm to 5 pm.

According to the report, citing sources from the agency, the NTA has strengthened security protocols and increased cross-checking mechanisms to prevent any compromise in the re-NEET UG 2026 examination process.

Social media platforms, including Telegram, are also under close monitoring as investigators suspect such channels may have been used during the alleged leak network, the report added.

Also read NEET was far from fair even before paper-leak controversies

Why re-exam for NEET UG 2026?

The NTA cancelled the earlier NEET UG 2026, held on May 3, due to allegations of paper leaks , leading to widespread outrage among students and parents. The NEET UG 2026 exam cancellation also triggered multiple investigations, including a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).

Moreover, the NTA has described the conduct of the re-NEET UG 2026 examination as a “massive logistical challenge”, noting that exams of such scale usually require nearly six months of preparation, it added.

“The clock is ticking. If anything slips because of paucity of time, it can become a disaster,” a source said on condition of anonymity, the report reads.

Also read Same Exam, Old Nightmare: NEET 2026 cancelled, paper-leak probe, NTA reform, re-neet – the story so far

'Renewed everything': NTA on re-NEET UG 2026 for MBBS, BDS

The report further stated that the NTA has “renewed everything” internally after the controversy. “We have strengthened all protocols, increased cross-checking mechanisms and regular audits are taking place so that nothing slips through,” it said, citing a source.

On allegations of insider involvement, including teachers and officials, the source acknowledged the challenge posed by “rogue” elements within the system, as per the report.

“People who have worked with the agency for years can also go rogue. If insiders do wrong, it becomes extremely challenging. We are ensuring this does not happen again,” the source said in the report.

The NEET UG 2026 will be held for admission to MBBS , BDS and AYUSH programmes at government, and private medical colleges across the country.

MakeCAREERS360
My Trusted Source
Add as a preferred source on google

Follow us for the latest education news on colleges and universities, admission, courses, exams, research, education policies, study abroad and more..

To get in touch, write to us at news@careers360.com.